To help students in need of technology during the school closures, Poway Unified School District will be checking out Chromebooks to support distance learning. To check out a device, please fill out the Distance Learning Device Checkout Form by Wednesday, April 1 at 12:00 pm. Even if you completed the Technology Needs form, you must fill out the Distance Learning Device Checkout Form. Details for Chromebook pickup are listed below and are also available on the PUSD website under COVID-19. All devices are granted on a temporary basis and will need to be returned when school re-opens. We realize that many families have more than one student; however, as much as possible, we recommend one device per family in order for us to meet the needs of all families throughout the District.
Carefully read the information on this page which details how and where the Chromebooks will be distributed.
Chromebook Checkout Information
CHROMEBOOK CHECKOUT INFORMATION
The Distance Learning Device Checkout form must be completed prior to checking out a device on April 2nd.
In order to uphold social distancing guidelines, we will no longer be able to offer on-site stations to complete the Device Checkout Form.
Chromebooks will be distributed at each school site on Thursday, April 2 between the hours of 9:00 am and 12:00 pm.
Checkout will take place in 30-minute increments divided by the last name as follows below. If you cannot make your distribution time, please come any time during the 9:00 am - 12:00 pm window.
Thursday, April 2nd between 9 am and 12 pm
A through D: 9:00 am - 9:30 am
E through H: 9:30 am - 10:00 am
I through L: 10:00 am - 10:30 am
M through P: 10:30 am - 11:00 am
Q through T: 11:00 am - 11:30 am
U through Z: 11:30 am - 12:00 pm
UPDATED Make-up CHROMEBOOK CHECKOUT DATE
Friday, April 3rd between 3 pm and 4:30 pm at all school sites
Students need to be present to pick up a Chromebook at their home school
- Chromebooks and chargers will be pre-packaged in a clear plastic bag with the student’s first and last name on the upper left-hand corner.
- Families WILL REMAIN in their cars (this will be a drive-up service model).
- Students are required to be present for pick up and have their student ID or know their student ID number if asked.
- Staff will greet the car from a distance and ask for the last name of the student (gloves will be provided to staff and social distancing guidelines will be followed).
- Staff will have an alphabetical list of student names who have completed the Distance Learning Checkout Form (no devices will be given to students who have not completed this checkout form in advance) which is due on April 1 by 12:00pm.
- Staff will then share the student name with a ‘runner’ who will locate their pre-packaged device.
- The student will receive the device and drive away.
and must have either their student ID number or their actual physical student ID. Parents/guardians do not need to be present as long as the Distance Learning Device Checkout Form
has been completed.
SDCOE Internet Resources
The District has developed a technology distribution process to support families and students that maximizes safety and adheres to social distancing policies. Each Chromebook device will be sanitized prior to distribution.
For families who do not have internet access at home, the San Diego County Office of Education has information regarding providers that have free or reduced plans available here: https://covid-19.sdcoe.net/Distance-Learning/Connectivity-Resources
Acceptance of Responsibility
The borrower agrees to return the equipment in the same condition as when loaned and further agrees to reimburse the District for any loss or damage incurred while the borrower has custody (BP 6161.2). Normal wear and tear is excluded. This device is to be used for educational and school-related purposes.