EXTENDED SCHOOL YEAR (ESY) POSITIONS
Publication Date: 2-1-2022
Extended School Year (ESY) applications are now being accepted for summer employment for Certificated and Classified personnel. See below for application links. Interested district employees do NOT need to be working within the district’s Special Education department to apply. However, if selected, candidates will need to pass the exam and physical for the classification.
Please note further information in this email for other important information and application procedures.
ESY SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAM DATES:
- 4-week programs (ALL classes except “High School Academic Review” class): June 23, 2022 through July 22, 2022
- Pre-K Critical Skills and Pre-K Non-Severely Handicapped do not meet on Fridays
- 6-week program (“High School Academic Review” class): June 15, 2022 through August 1, 2022
All programs are off on July 4, 2022 and July 5, 2022
If you are interested in obtaining a summer Extended School Year (ESY) assignment, please note the following deadlines.
· Applications received by March1, 2022 will have priority placement and all effort will be made to match site and program preferences.
- Applications received between March1, 2022 and March 31, 2022 will be placed in accordance with the needs of the ESY program. Site and program preferences will be referenced, but not guaranteed.
- Those who submit applications April 1, 2022 and later will be placed in accordance with the needs of the ESY program.
- After 4/1/2022, any remaining classified positions will be opened up to certificated applicants. Interested certificated individuals are encouraged to complete their application and the process outlined below before 4/1/2021, but they will not be placed in classified positions before that date.
- Both Certificated and Classified ESY positions are initially opened to current PUSD employees and substitutes ONLY.
- If the District does not receive enough applications for anticipated needs, applications will be open to the general public beginning April 18, 2022.
- CERTIFICATED positions (using the password “gododgers”) please use the following link: https://www.edjoin.org/ - Look for the posting: “Special Education Extended School Year (ESY) 2022 (Poway Unified Teachers, Substitute Teachers, and Certificated Employees Only).”
Certificated staff (current teachers and certificated substitutes) desiring to work in classified positions must complete the classified job application above.
Certificated staff placed in classified positions will be paid as follows:
- Current PUSD teachers and PUSD Certificated Substitute- working/subbing for ESY IA-level I: Range 20/Step 5: (currently $19.66/hr)
- urrent PUSD teachers and PUSD Certificated Substitute- working/subbing for ESY IA-level II: Range 22/Step 5: (currently $20.65/hr)
- Current PUSD teachers and PUSD Certificated Substitute- working/subbing for BIIA: Range 23/Step 5: (currently $21.17/hr)
Paper applications will not be accepted for this position.
Questions regarding the positions or the Summer ESY Programs should be directed to Laura Mueller at email@example.com or Greg Burrows at firstname.lastname@example.org