Effective July 18th we will accept application packets at our District Office, Monday - Friday from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm.
Substitute Teacher Application and Information:
After completing your online application at https://www.edjoin.org you must provide Hard Copies of the documents listed in the box below prior to being scheduled for your orientation.
If you need additional information concerning credentials go to this SDCOE resource by clicking here.
|San Diego Office of Education – Main Campus
6402 Linda Vista Rd., Bldg. #4
San Diego, CA 92111
| North County Center
255 Pico Avenue
San Marcos, CA 92069
- Fingerprinting - If you are applying for a California Credential or Emergency Permit for the first time you will be required to do the DUAL fingerprinting process. See the attached link for more information on the NEW requirements for fingerprinting. http://www.sdcoe.net/Pages/Home.aspx then click the Human Resources tab, select fingerprinting.
- If you are a retired teacher returning as a substitute, fingerprinting may be required. Contact the sub desk for more information.
- CBEST Examination – If you are applying with a 30-day emergency credential, verification that you have passed the CBEST examination is mandatory. Please provide a hard copy with your required documents listed below.
Attachment to Online Application – The following documents must be attached to the online application
2. Three current letters of recommendation with signature. (within 5 years)
3. Unofficial copies of your transcripts.
4. CBEST test results
|Hard Copy Documents – The following documents are required and must be taken to the District Office.
1. Copy of your Passport, Driver License or Military ID card. We will make a copy.
2. Social Security Card with signature. We will make a copy.
4. Three current letters of recommendation with signature. (within 5 years)
5. Unofficial copies of your transcripts
6. CBEST test results
7. TB Test Results/X-ray Results
*Poway Unified holds mandatory orientations. All new substitutes must attend an orientation before they can begin substitute teaching for the district. You will be scheduled, for an Orientation, after we review your packet.
*Application packets will be accepted at Poway Unified School District Office on the following days and times, Monday through Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm
Poway Unified School District
15250 Avenue of Science
San Diego, CA 92128-3406
*Please bring copies of all of the required documentation except your social security card and Driver’s License, as we are required to make the copy. Incomplete packets will not be accepted for processing.
- TB Certification - In accordance with the Education Code, all employees must provide proof of having been checked and found free of active tuberculosis before beginning employment. Please provide evidence of a negative test within the last 4 years. A copy of the test results is sufficient.
Any questions please feel free to contact JoAnn Roberson or Melissa E. Mann at the Substitute Assignment Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org