DATES TO REMEMBER:
June 20, 2018 - Summer 2018 Begins
15 August 15, 2018 - Last Day of Summer 2018
22 August 22, 2018- School Begins for 2018-2019
13 June 13, 2019 - Last Day of School - Open All Day
June 15, 18, 19 - ESS Closed
July 4, 5 ,6 - ESS Closed
August 16, 17, 18, 20, 21 - ESS Closed
HOW TO ENROLL
(Enrollment is subject to availability)
1. Call or email email@example.com to set up an appointment to drop off the enrollment packet and verify we are currently accepting registration for your child's grade level.
2. Print and fill out the enrollment packet below.
3. Bring the completed packet to your appointment at the ESS Office to submit with a registration fee per family and first month's fees.
We must receive the packet at least 2 business days before your child can attend. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 6:30-8:30am and 12:00-6:00pm.
Please call or email us with any questions. Thank you!
All forms must be submitted to the ESS office, in person, and signed by the Supervisor or Leads before they are valid.
- Enrollment Packet for enrollment this school year (Full time, PM, AM and PUSD options)
- Parent Handbook please read before signing form in the Enrollment Packet
- Fee Adjustment Form to enroll for breaks, take vacations, withdraw from program, change contract, etc.)
Mission Statement - "E.S.S. is a bridge between school and home where children are encouraged to learn, create, and explore within their school, community, and world."
Program Overview - This extended-day program expands the excellence of each child's school experience into before and after school. E.S.S. is staffed by highly qualified professionals and trained program assistants. The staff provides for the academic and social needs of children in safe and nurturing environments. There is time, space, encouragement, and support for learning good study habits.
Program History - The E.S.S. program began in 1980 and is now offered in every elementary school in the Poway Unified School District. All children who attend elementary school in the District are eligible to enroll.
Program Activities - Our program is geared toward expanding each child's world through arts & crafts projects, science activities, reading and language arts reinforcement, and math concept development. Our program reinforces the social, motor, and academic skills children learn in the classroom.
Hours - E.S.S. is open daily, Monday - Friday, from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm.
E.S.S. Embraces ENRICH, an acronym to include the following areas of enrichment, to use as a Guide for Staff Planning:
E xercise mind & body
R eading & Relationships
I nvestigating Interests
C haracter Counts!, Creative Thinking, & the Arts
H aving Fun!
We believe that the children's extended day will be enriched by providing a balanced activity calendar that will support their growth and development. We want to encourage the children to explore their interests, motivate them to achieve their personal best, and relax and have fun with friends.