We are happy to welcome you to our school district!
New for the 2021-2022 school year, New Student Enrollment for Poway Unified School District will be an on-line process.
As required by State law, all children entering Kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2020. If your child's 5th birthday is between September 2, 2020 and December 2, 2020, they will be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten.
PLEASE NOTE: Your student’s enrollment ensures a seat at a school in Poway Unified. We make every effort to enroll your child at your neighborhood school. In some cases, classes at your neighborhood school may reach capacity, in which case we will work with you to place your child at a nearby school.
TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN AND/OR KINDERGARTEN LOTTERIES: Should a site be determined near capacity in grades TK or K, a lottery process may be necessary to determine student placement. Only enrollment packets received between May 5, 2021 and May 9, 2021 11:59 p.m. at these sites will be eligible to be included if a lottery process is necessary.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE NEW ENROLLMENT PROCESS
Packets are completed digitally using any computer, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection. (Please contact your assigned school of residence to schedule an appointment if you do not have access to a device/internet or need assistance with completing the online enrollment packet.
STEP 1: GATHER DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENROLLMENT
To expedite the process, it would be helpful if you have copies of specific documents to upload to your enrollment packet: Below are the items that you will need to supply in order for your child's enrollment packet to be accepted. If possible, documentation should be submitted in PDF format. If you do not have access to a scanner, there are multiple free phone apps that transform photos into PDF documents, including:
- Enrolling parent/guardian photo ID
- Age Verification Document
- Accepted documents include Birth Certificate, Current Passport or Baptismal Certificate
- 2 current forms of residency
- TWO current, different verifications of the following documents are mandatory for residency verification. Accepted documentation: Deed to home, Mortgage statement/escrow paper, property tax receipt, current utility bill, receipt for deposit with local utility company, military orders, rental agreement, rent receipt, bank statement, any other legal document that establishes home address within school boundaries.
- Immunization Records
- All children are required to have their vaccinations fully completed/up to date before enrolling in grades TK – 12 unless exempted as provided by law. For more information about school immunization requirements and resources, please visit https://www.powayusd.com/en-US/Departments/Health-Services.aspx#immunizations or the California Department of Health website at www.shotsforschool.org or contact your local health department or county office of education.
STEP 2: BE PREPARED TO SELECT YOUR STUDENT'S LEARNING OPTION
PUSD will offer five learning options starting Fall 2021
. Please visit https://www.powayusd.com/en-US/Departments/Learning-Support/Enrollment/Learning-Options
for detailed information on the different options. Please note learning options selected during enrollment may only be changed at grading periods and if space allows at your school of residence or within other learning options.
STEP 3: LOGIN AND COMPLETE THE DIGITAL ENROLLMENT PACKET ONLINE AT THE PARENTVUE
The portal will open on May 5, 2021 at 6:00 a.m.
STEP 4: DOWNLOAD AND/OR PRINT AND SIGN ANY NOTED REQUIRED FORMS LOCATED AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE PACKET.
Once parents have completed the online enrollment packet any requested documents must be printed, signed and returned to their school's Attendance Office. FORMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED UNTIL SCHOOL BEGINS IN AUGUST FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR.
Need technical help? Technical help is available by sending an email to email@example.com
ELEMENTARY EXTENDED STUDENT SERVICES BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
If you are interested in before or after school Extended Student Services Program (ESS) please click here.