Poway Virtual Courses
For secondary students wishing to make up credit, accelerate their learning, or explore subjects not offered at their school site, Poway Virtual Courses offers a varity of online and blened online courses to students from around the District. Some courses require weekly face-to-face meetings (blended) and others only meet face-to-face for exams.
Site Based Online Courses
PUSD online courses are developed with the intent that students will need to spend 80hrs total in order to complete the coursework.
Student successes are numerous since the beginning of the program in 1998. Specific student improvements that have occurred as a direct result of online courses include:
- Preparation for transition to college and the workplace
- Independence and organization
- Resourcefulness in accessing and using information
- Time management
- Effective learning
- Individual learning environment fostered independent explorations in subject area
- Increased critical thinking skills
- Greater critical insights as a result of greater opportunity and time to reflect upon course work
- Vast improvement in technology skills