New Directions is a supportive learning community providing its students with opportunities designed to meet individual needs, and presenting its students with the experiences to help them develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes to become responsible, contributing members of a diverse society.
We believe that, in order for New Directions to function as a Professional Learning Community, we must:
- Unite to achieve our common purpose and goals.
- Provide a challenging, nurturing, respectful and active learning environment that promotes interdependence while celebrating the uniqueness of each individual.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the academic success and general well-being of staff and each student.
- Seek and implement effective strategies for improving student achievement on a continuing basis.
- Collaborate effectively as a team of students, parents, staff and community.