The Poway Home Education / Independent Study Program is designed to assist parents who wish to home school their children who are in Transitional Kindergarten through Eighth Grade.
The program provides each parent with the appropriate curriculum and materials necessary to aid in the instructional process. The parent and student are required to meet with the teacher to review assigned work.
- Curriculum (State Adopted/PUSD)
- Guidance from credentialed teachers
- Student Library
- Parent network for field studies/events
- Connection with school site for designated services (i.e., 5th Grade Band)
- Computer Lab
- Progress Reports
- Direct instruction by the parent
- Weekly contact with staff
- Parent/Student/Instructor conferences
- PHEP/PUSD curriculum must be used as the core curriculum
- Completed student work
- Minimum 5 days weekly instruction time (25 hours)
Parents are invited to call the TK-8 office at (858) 748-0802, Ext. 2095 to request additional information or to schedule a visit to our classroom for an orientation and curriculum preview.