Poway Unified School District is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
This website endeavors to comply with best practices and standards as defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act
and level A and AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user-friendly for all people. We are working to make this site compliant with accessibility standards and adapt to new accessibility standards as they evolve.
If you have accessibility concerns, requests or suggestions, please contact our Website Administrator, Millie Swain at firstname.lastname@example.org
This site includes accessibility features such as:
- Skip to content
- Alternative text detail for images (currently in progress for older images)
- Use of proper HTML markup and structure
We are using some third-party tools to identify accessibility issues. This is a work in progress and we appreciate your patience as we make every effort to conform to these accessibility standards.
Known Accessibility Issues
We are currently working to fix the following issues:
- Use of appropriate structural markup. We are reviewing older content and actively working to make it compliant.
- We are working to provide captions and transcript options for older videos on our website.
- Some images added to the site prior to August 2017 may lack alternative text detail, which we are working to correct.
- We are working to override accessibility issues inherent to the standard Kentico Webforms and/or our third party templates.
- We are actively trying to keep the website free from older, outdated, and irrelavent content.
- We are working to replace old content on our website and bring them into a new Content Management System and we are reviewing each page for accessibility violations.