2024-2025 New Student Enrollment
As required by State law, all children entering Kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2024 (this means they were born between September 2, 2018 to September 1, 2019). If your child's 5th birthday is between September 2, 2024 and June 2, 2025 (born between September 2, 2019 and June 2, 2020), they will be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten for the 2024-25 school year. For Preschool enrollment, go here.
PLEASE NOTE: Your student’s enrollment ensures a seat at a school in Poway Unified. We make every effort to enroll your child at your neighborhood school. In some cases, classes at your neighborhood school may reach capacity, in which case we will work with you to place your child at a nearby school.
TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN AND/OR KINDERGARTEN LOTTERIES: Should a site be determined near capacity in grades TK or K, a lottery process may be necessary to determine student placement. Only enrollment packets received between April 1, 2024 and April 9, 2024 11:59 p.m. at these sites will be eligible to be included if a lottery process is necessary. If needed, dates of lottery will be communicated to families.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE NEW ENROLLMENT PROCESSPackets are completed digitally using any computer, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection. (Please contact your assigned school of residence to schedule an appointment if you do not have access to a device/internet or need assistance with completing the online enrollment packet.)
STEP 1: Gather Documents Required for EnrollmentIn order for your enrollment packet to be reviewed and processed, copies of specific documents must be uploaded with your digital enrollment packet. Please have this information ready before beginning your digital enrollment. Packets will not be able to be accepted without documentation. If you need support with online enrollment contact your school site to make an appointment. Below are the items that you will need to supply in order for your child's enrollment packet to be accepted. If possible, documentation should be submitted in PDF format. If you do not have access to a scanner, there are multiple free phone apps that transform photos into PDF documents, including:
- Adobe Scan (Download Adobe Scan iOS App) (Download Adobe Scan Android app)
- Abbyy Fine Scanner (Download Abbyy Fine Scanner iOS App) (Download Abbyy Fine Scanner Android app)
- Genius Scan (Download Genius Scan iOS App) (Download Genius Scan Android app)
- ScanPro (Download ScanPro iOS App) (Download ScanPro Android app)
- CamScanner (Download CamScanner iOS App) (Download CamScanner Android app)
- Enrolling parent/guardian photo ID (must be uploaded with digital enrollment packet)
- Age Verification Document (must be uploaded with digital enrollment packet)
- Accepted documents include Birth Certificate, Current Passport or Baptismal Certificate
- Two current forms of residency (must be uploaded with digital enrollment packet)
- TWO current, different verifications of the following documents are mandatory for residency verification.
- At the minimum, ONE of the following forms of residency verification must be uploaded with your digital enrollment packet in order for your packet to be reviewed. Deed to home, mortgage statement/escrow paper, military orders, rental agreement, rent receipt, property tax receipt.
- Accepted second residency verification documentation: Current utility bill, receipt for deposit with local utility company, bank statement, any other legal document that establishes home address within school boundaries.
- Immunization Records
- All children are required to have their vaccinations fully completed/up to date before the start of school in grades TK – 12 unless exempted as provided by law. A child will not be able to take a seat in class until a complete immunization record for your child is received by your school.
- Upload a current immunization record with your digital enrollment packet and if finalizing immunizations over the summer, you will have the opportunity to submit an updated record the week prior to the start of school. For more information about school immunization requirements and resources, please visit PUSD Health Services or the California Department of Health website Shots For School or contact your local health department or county office of education.
- High School Transcripts
- Incoming 9th grade students need their most current report card. You will have an opportunity to upload a copy in the digital enrollment packet.
- All other students need a high school transcript with all completed high school courses *Please note, the Request to Transfer Records does NOT include a transcript or report card. A transcript is required for proper course placement.
STEP 2: Login and complete the Digital Enrollment Packet OnlinePORTAL: Digital Enrollment Packet
2024-2025 portal opens APRIL 1, 2024 at 8:00am
STEP 3: Download and/or Print and Sign any Noted Required Forms Located at the Conclusion of the Packet.
Once parents/guardians have completed the online enrollment packet please download any required forms. Sites will direct you on how and when to submit the completed forms.
New Student Enrollment for Grades TK-5 for the 2024-2025 school year does not automatically enroll students in the Extended Student Services (ESS) before and/or after school program. A separate application process for ESS is required for all new students.
Effective for the 2024-2025 school year, new applications to the ESS program will be centrally managed by the District Office, Before/After School Department through a single application and interest list. Information on how to apply for ESS for the upcoming school year, will be available on the ESS webpage starting on January 19, 2024.
Submitting an application for ESS does not guarantee participation in the program. It is anticipated that the demand for the ESS program will exceed the program capacity at most schools. Should a site be determined near capacity for ESS enrollment, a lottery process may be necessary to determine new student placement in the program.
Students in Grades TK-4 participating in the ESS program during the current 2023-2024 school year, will be considered continuing students and will not need to re-apply. Continuing students will receive continuing registration information directly from the ESS Site Supervisor by January 19, 2024.
Students in Grades TK-4 currently on an ESS waitlist for the program must apply as a new student to the program for the 2024-2025 school year.
SECONDARY - MIDDLE SCHOOL