Military Family Resources
15250 Avenue of Science, San Diego, CA 92128
Mercedes Hubschmitt, Learning Support Services, [email protected]
Welcome Military Families!Below you will find useful information for our military families.
- After & Before School Education & Safety (ASES) Program Grades 6-8
- Alternative Education [Home-Hospital, Home Schooling, OCIS, Teen Parent]
- Annual Holiday Calendar
- Canvas [Learning Management System, online classroom]
- Extended Student Services (ESS) Grades TK-5
- Learning Options
- MyPlan [Parent Portal, view grades, applications]
- New Student Enrollment
- Password Reset
- Poway Unified School District Special Education
- Preschool Programs
- School Busing - Transportation
- School Lunch Information
- Technology Assistance
Community Resources for Military Families
Child Care Resources for Military families
- Child Development Programs, San Diego Metro Fleet and Family Readiness
- Neighborhood House Association
- YMCA Childcare Resource Service
Children with Special Needs
- Marine Corps Exceptional Family Member Program - San Diego
- Marine Corps Exceptional Family Member Program - Miramar
General Resources for Military Families
- Suggested Checklist for School Moves
- Courage to Call 24/7 Helpline (877) 698-7838
- Department of Defense Educational Activity operates school worlwide for the children of Department of Defense military and civilian families.
- Financial Management for Military Families Financial planning assistance at no expense to Military families
- FOCUS (Families OverComing Under Stress)
- FOCUS provides resiliency training for Marine and Sailors families facing the challenge of a family member’s deployment.
- Marine Corps Air Station Miramar Legal Services Support Team provides legal support to active duty, reserve, and retired military personnel and their families.
- Marine Corps Community Services Miramar to reach links for newsworthy items like ALMARS and MARADMINS
- MCB Camp Pendleton Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) assists Active Duty Service Members in managing the dual demands of a military career and having a family member with special needs, whether medical, emotional or educational.
- MCCS Camp Pendleton School Liaison Office
- Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, world-wide organization, whose work is focused on ensuring quality educational opportunities for all military children affected by mobility, family separation, and transition.
- Military Kids Connect
- Military Interstate Children's Compact Commission ensures that the children of military families are afforded the same opportunities for educational success as other children and are not penalized or delayed in achieving their educational goals by inflexible administrative and bureaucratic practices.
- Military Impacted Schools Association (MISA) is a national organization of school superintendents. Their mission is to serve school districts with a high concentration of military children.
- Military One Source - April is the Month of the MIlitary Child
- MilitaryOneSource is a 24/7/365 information and referral service available via toll-free telephone and Internet access. A personal and family readiness tool, Military OnSource extends the existing family support system. Programs provided are especially beneficial to those geographically separated from installation services or those unable to seek assistance during traditional working hours.
- My Military Life is an app that guides families through topics such as going back to school, planning for a deployment or transitioning out of the military, etc.
- National Military Family Association - "We are on a mission to stand up for, support, and enhance the quality of life for every military family through bold advocacy, innovative programming, and dynamic and responsive solutions."
- Operation Bigs - Mentoring program for military families. Phone (619) 218-3335.
- Operation Homefront is non-profit organization providing a hand up to military families in their time of need.
- San Diego Armed Services YMCA
- San Diego County Office of Education - Military Students and Family Supports
- San Diego Military Family Collaborative has great resources, information and free events available to military families. Visit their calendar to view upcoming events.
- SAY San Diego (Social Advocates for Youth)
- The Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
- Tutor.com for US Military Families provides help from professional tutors anytime you need it, for FREE. Tutors are online 24/7 and eligible military families in the Army, Marines, Navy and Air Force can take advantage of this military family program to get help with more than 16 subjects.
- United Though Reading Military Program
- U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General's Corps provides legal assistance on a variety of topics, including pre-deployment services.
Military Family ResourcesMarine Corps Air Station Miramar School Liaisons
Serving San Diego Unified School District-Murphy Canyon, Mira Mesa, Scripps Ranch, Serra Mesa, and University City, and Poway, Escondido, and San Marcos School Districts