Principal: Amy Richardson | Location and Directions
Office Hours: 8:15am to 3:30pm MTuWF & 8:15am to 2:15pm Th
Office Phone: 858-748-4334 | Office Fax: 858-748-8672 | Absence Hotline: 858-748-1396
- Screen Free Week Next week, from April 21-25th, we are asking our Morning Creek Community to participate in Screen-Free week, the international celebration where children, families, schools, and communities spend a week turning OFF entertainment screen media and turning ON life!
- BOGO Book Fair BOGO Book Fair: Stock Up for Summer Reading! May 19-23, 2014 in the MCES MPR
- Lunch With Dad Beginning in 2014, we invite Dads to come have lunch with their students on the third Friday of the month. Hope to see you there!
- Parent Education PUSD Parent Education is either low cost ($10/session) or free and one of the best ways to build a strong family. Classes are offered throughout the year with topics like Active Listening, Stress-free Academics, Being Bully-proof, Parenting of Teens, and more! Click on the picture to see a full offering of courses.
- MCES Foundation The Morning Creek Elementary Foundation is an independent, 501(C)(3) non-profit organization created to improve and enhance the quality of our children's elementary education. Click on the logo to learn more.
- MCES Calendar When is the next Friday Flag? When is Thanksgiving Break? When is Fifth Grade Promotion? This information and more can be found on our Morning Creek Google calendar. Click the "Calendar" tab on the left side. Click on the logo to view our instructions on how to integrate the Morning Creek calendar with your own online calendar.
Stay Connected with Morning Creek!
Parents, here is another way to stay connected with Morning Creek. There is an app that allows Principal Richardson to send out texts when there is a change in schedule, reminders, or emergencies. This will not replace our current Connect Ed messages. This is just another way to stay connected. All you have to do is “Opt” in by sending a message to (760) 563-5212. In the message box type @morningcr. Follow the text prompt and you will start receiving messages. Please know that standard text message rates apply. If you haven’t signed up yet, click on the link for more information.
Also, we now have a school-wide Facebook page updated by Principal Richardson. Click here to visit!
Screen Free Week
Next week, from April 21-25th, we are asking our Morning Creek Community to participate in Screen-Free week, the international celebration where children, families, schools, and communities spend a week turning OFF entertainment screen media and turning ON life! It’s a time to unplug and play, read, daydream, create, explore nature, and spend time with family and friends.
The preschool is currently enrolling three and four year olds for the next school year 2014-2015.Children must be three by September 1st and four by December 2nd ALL children must be potty trained. More information is available on the Poway Unified School district website. Click on the preschool link for registration interest form, then select Morning Creek. Parents will be notified by the District Preschool office when to come and complete additional forms.
As we get closer to the SBAC testing, here is a link for parents to go to see the types of questions that the students 3rd-5th will be asked to answer. Please understand that these questions don’t change each time you log in. This will give parents an idea of what the test will look like. http://sbac.portal.airast.org/practice-test/
Homework Mentor Program: Dads Wanted!
Can you commit and hour a week? Want to make a difference in a child's life? We are looking for Dads to volunteer in our Homework Mentoring Program.
- Flexible Hours. (You choose the day and time)
- Weekly or Monthly committment
- Help needed with any subjects
- Check with front office for clearance forms. All paperwork must be filed in order to volunteer in the classroom.
Looking for something that used be here? Visit the ARCHIVES.