ACADEMIC HONESTY POLICY
The District Academic Honesty Policy will be enforced.
RULES OF STUDENT DISCIPLINE IN THE POWAY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Students of the Poway Unified School District will be disciplined in accordance with Statutes of the State of California. A student will be subject to disciplinary
action for the designated acts if the acts are related to school activity or attendance and which occur at any time, including but not limited to any of the following:
The student is on school grounds.
The student is going to or coming from school.
The student is on breaks or lunch periods whether on or off campus.
The student is going to, coming from, or attending a school or District-Sponsored activity.
The prohibited acts are:
- Causing, attempting to cause, threatening to cause, or assisting in the cause of a threat of physical injury to another person;
- Possessing, selling, or otherwise furnishing to others any firearm, any knife, explosive, or other dangerous objects of no apparent educational value such as, but not limited to, matches, lighters, brass knuckles, slingshots, razor blades, BB guns, or pellet guns;
- Possessing, using, having consumed, or being under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, dangerous drugs, or other controlled substances or intoxicants of any kind;
- Transferring, selling, distributing, offering, arranging, or negotiating to sell, or possessing quantities sufficient to suggest the intent to provide, give, or sell to other students substances which are, or are purported to be, alcohol, narcotics, dangerous drugs, other controlled substances, (i.e., marijuana, crystal methamphetamine, or anabolic steroids) or intoxicants of any kind;
- Committing or attempting to commit robbery or extortion;
- Causing or attempting to cause damage to school or private property;
- Committing or attempting to commit theft of school or private property;
- Possessing or using tobacco or any products containing tobacco or nicotine on school premises;
- Commission of obscene act or engaging in habitual profanity or vulgarity;
- Unlawfully possessing, offering, arranging, or negotiating to sell any drug paraphernalia as defined in Section 11014.5 of the Health and Safety Code;
- Disruption of school activities or willful defiance of school authority, including violations of academic honesty or technology-use policies;
- Knowingly receiving stolen school or private property;
- Possessing an imitation firearm;
- Committing or attempting to commit a sexual assault or sexual battery;
- Threatening or intimidating a witness or a complaining witness in a school disciplinary proceeding;
- Sexual harassment (Grades 4-12);
- Hate behavior/Violence (Grades 4-12);
- Possessing or using electronic signaling devices, including but not limited to pagers and signaling equipment;
- Causing or attempting to cause an assault or battery on any school employee;
- Violating individual school rules;
Disciplinary actions may include, but not limited to, advice and counsel, warnings, campus work details, detention, home suspension, behavior or rehabilitation contracts, transfer to another school/program, and/or expulsion from the Poway Unified School District.
Grounds for Suspension and/or Expulsion
The Board of Education authorizes the school principal to suspend or to recommend to the Board for consideration of expulsion any student who violates the Rules of Student Discipline. Restitution may also be required in cases of damage or destruction of property. At any time, if the principal determines that the student’s presence causing a danger to persons or property or threatens to disrupt the instructional process, the student may be suspended and/or expelled.
Discipline for the Use of Alcohol and Controlled Substances
|Board Policy defines specific disciplinary action for the use of alcohol and controlled substances. Compliance with these standards and prohibitions is mandatory. Prohibited Acts:
||Disciplinary Action 6-12
|1. Unlawfully possessing, using, having consumed or being under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, dangerous drugs, other controlled substances or intoxicants of any kind.
Suspend and recommend expulsion or suspend and transfer to another middle school or high school, or the continuation high school, for the remainder of the semester and the following semester. Contact law enforcement. Initiate an intervention contract.
Suspend and recommend for expulsion.
|2. Unlawfully possessing, offering, arranging or negotiating to sell any
||Suspend or suspend and transfer to another middle school or high school, or
||Suspend and recommend for