"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." --Margaret Mead
Become a Peer Counselor
- Peer Counselors meet twice a month, on the first and last Wednesday of each month at 6:30 a.m. in room K-1.
- Christy Brown and Karly Wardwell are the advisors.
- Peer Counselors attend a training retreat on campus once per year to prepare them with the skills to help others on campus.
- Peer Counselors help with: working in the Student Services Office; volunteering in the community; being mentors for younger students; working at special nights such as Back-to-School Night, and contributing to campus in many other ways that promote peace and wellness.
- The application time frame is during the three weeks leading up to Thanksgiving break.
- For students interested in learning counseling skills, there is an additional 5.5 Period class, Piece of Peer Counseling (POPC), that meets on Wednesday mornings with Ms. Lockie. Students must enroll in the 5.5 Period Class at the beginning of each trimester. These classes earn 5.5 period credits.
For more information on POPC, contact Sherry Lockie - firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the PC Info Video!
Any student who has a 2.0 gpa may apply for Peer Counseling in the fall to start in January of the following year.
For applications, click on the links below.
Please read The Program Description
2. Please read The Ethics of PC
3. Fill out the application: PC applications for 2021-22 are currently closed. Check back for updates!
4. Email email@example.com
if you have any questions.
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.