Poway High School New Student Enrollment
The Poway High School Enrollment Process is for families new to the Poway Unified School District (This includes students who have previously been in our district, but are currently coming from a school outside the district.) For general information about enrollment, especially when transferring to us from a school that is not on Trimesters, please visit https://www.smore.com/1wqcs
Please Note: Enrollment is for students who are NOT currently enrolled at Poway High. If your student is enrolled at Poway High or is an 8th Grader at a PUSD school who is slated to attend PHS next year, you do not need to re-enroll them. If you received messages about not completing REGISTRATION, please see our Registration page here.
New Student Enrollment
(For students new to Poway High, including transfers from another PUSD High School.)
Enrollment will open for the 2023-24 school year on April 1 at 8:00 a.m. New Student Enrollment for Poway Unified School District is also an on-line process, via a digital packet that will be available on our website here.
We are happy to welcome you to our school district!
New Student Enrollment for Poway Unified School District is an on-line process.
PLEASE NOTE: Your student’s enrollment ensures a seat at a school in Poway Unified. We make every effort to enroll your child at your neighborhood school. In some cases, classes at your neighborhood school may reach capacity, in which case we will work with you to place your child at a nearby school.
Poway Unified offers both In-person Learning and Alternative Learning Pathways. All new students must first enroll in their school of residence. Families interested in an Alternative Learning Pathway will have the opportunity to submit their interest within the digital new student enrollment packet. Alternative Learning Pathway enrollment is dependent upon space availability per learning option.
On-Campus Full Day (K-12)
On-campus learning environments five days per week.
Alternative Learning Pathways
- New Directions - Independent Study (Grades 6-12)
- The independent study program gives students the opportunity to meet middle and high school requirements outside the regular classroom setting. Please visit the Alternative Learning Programs webpage for more information.
- Poway Virtual Courses (Grades 9-12)
- Virtual courses offered in a variety of subject areas as a complement to students’ in-person or independent study schedules. Please visit the Poway Virtual Courses webpage for more information and enrollment directions.
- Poway to Palomar Middle College (Grade 11-12)
- A new dual enrollment partnership with Palomar College offering a focus on academic opportunities by providing students with access to college courses, internships, independent learning and electives. Please visit the Middle College webpage for more information and eligibility requirements. (Website coming soon!)
DIRECTIONS FOR THE NEW ENROLLMENT PROCESS
Packets are completed digitally using any computer, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection. (Please contact your assigned school of residence to schedule an appointment if you do not have access to a device/internet or need assistance with completing the online enrollment packet.
STEP 1: Gather Documents Required for Enrollment
In order for your enrollment packet to be reviewed and processed, copies of specific documents must
be uploaded with your digital enrollment packet. Please have this information ready before beginning your digitial enrollment. Packets will not
be able to be accepted without documentation. If you need support with online enrollment contact your school site to make an appointment. Below are the items that you will need to supply in order for your child's enrollment packet to be accepted. If possible, documentation should be submitted in PDF format. If you do not have access to a scanner, there are multiple free phone apps that transform photos into PDF documents, including:
- Enrolling parent/guardian photo ID (must be uploaded with digital enrollment packet)
- Age Verification Document (must be uploaded with digital enrollment packet)
- Accepted documents include Birth Certificate, Current Passport or Baptismal Certificate
- Two current forms of residency (must be uploaded with digital enrollment packet)
- TWO current, different verifications of the following documents are mandatory for residency verification.
- At the minimum, ONE of the following forms of residency verification must be uploaded with your digital enrollment packet in order for your packet to be reviewed. Deed to home, mortgage statement/escrow paper, military orders, rental agreement, rent receipt, property tax receipt.
- Accepted second residency verification documentation: Current utility bill, receipt for deposit with local utility company, bank statement, any other legal document that establishes home address within school boundaries.
- Immunization Records
- All children are required to have their vaccinations fully completed/up to date before the start of school in grades TK – 12 unless exempted as provided by law. A child will not be able to take a seat in class until a complete immunization record for your child is received by your school.
- Upload a current immunization record with your digital enrollment packet and if finalizing immunizations over the summer, you will have the opportunity to submit an updated record the week prior to the start of school. For more information about school immunization requirements and resources, please visit https://www.powayusd.com/en-US/Departments/Health-Services.aspx#immunizations or the California Department of Health website Shots For School or contact your local health department or county office of education.
- High School Transcripts
- Incoming 9th grade students need their most current report card. You will have an opportunity to upload a copy in the digital enrollment packet.
- All other students need a high school transcript with all completed high school courses *Please note, the Request to Transfer Records does NOT include a transcript or report card. A transcript is required for proper course placement.
STEP 2: Login and complete the Digital Enrollment Packet Online
The 2023-24 portal will open on April 1, 2023.
STEP 3: Download and/or Print and Sign any Noted Required Forms Located at the Conclusion of the Packet.
Once parents/guardians have completed the online enrollment packet please download any required forms. Sites will direct you on how and when to submit the completed forms.
Need technical help?
Technical help is available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your School Site Enrollment Administrator using the Enrollment Email by School:
Need technical help? Technical help is available by sending an email to email@example.com