TICKET TO PLAY FORMS FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR ARE NOW READY ON DRAGONFLY
PLEASE BE AWARE OF DEADLINES FOR EACH SEASON - DATES ARE LISTED BELOW
Mt. Carmel school code: 2UPSG8
Students who are interested in trying out for a sport are required to complete a Ticket to Play each school year AND obtain a pre-participation Sports Physical from a licensed practicioner.
The athletic department uses an online system called DragonFly MAX to reduce paper and streamline our Ticket to Play completion and approval process.
To complete your Ticket to Play
The Ticket to Play process is required to be done once each school year (not each sport season).
- Complete all Ticket to Play forms electronically through Dragonfly MAX.
- If you don't already have one, create your free account: Parents should use a computer to create an account with parent email, create a profile for their student(s), then click on the semi-circle at the bottom of the athlete's profile under "Prep for 2022-23" to complete required forms. If you already created an account in a previous school year or season, please use your same account and login.
► The only forms needing to be PRINTED AND TURNED IN are the completed and signed Health History and Sports Physical Forms
. All other forms will be completed and submitted electronically.
► Note: When the parent/athlete portion of electronic forms are completed, the athlete's profile will show 83% complete. The other 17% will be completed by the athletic department after all forms have been reviewed. Once the profile shows 100%, it means all paperwork has been approved and the athlete is cleared for tryouts.
We have created a step by step instruction sheet to help you through the online Ticket to Play process. Please refer to this guide prior to contacting the athletic department with questions. Click here to view the walkthough: DRAGONFLY INSTRUCTION HANDOUT
- Visit a medical professional for a Pre-Participation Physical Exam. This can be done with a Physician (MD/DO), Physician’s Assistant (PA), Nurse Practitioner (NP), or Chiropractor (DC) licensed in the state of CA. All students planning to try out for any sport will be required to obtain a Sports Physical. We realize that it may be difficult to get an appointment during this time. If you are unable to visit your child's primary care physican, please try one of these local area physicians that may be able to assist.
- Submit completed and signed Medical History and Physical Exam forms in the front office during regular office hours. This must be done before the deadline for your sport season (see time frames below).
- Once you have completed all electronic forms, we will review the documents submitted and manually clear your student for tryouts. You will see a green circle that says 100% or "READY!" on your student's DragonFly profile once your student has been cleared. Your student is NOT cleared for tryouts if this is not the case.
Alternative Athletic Packet Submission Options:
Athletic Packet - Hard Copy
: For students who prefer to submit an Athletic Packet in-person rather than submitting information online utilizing Dragonfly, the attached 6 page athletic packet can be printed, completed and submitted to the MCHS Athletic Department in the front office.
Medical Eligibility Form
: Students have the option to submit a Medical Eligibility Form instead of the History Form and Physical Examination Form found in the Athletic Packet. For students who prefer to only submit the Medical Eligibility Form, please click on this Medical Eligibility Form link and print the History, Physical and Medical Eligibility Forms for your medical provider to complete and sign. Please return only the completed Medical Eligibility Form to the MCHS Athletic Department in the front office.
If the above steps are not completed - No try outs. No exceptions!
→ Transfer students are considered students who have attended another high school prior to becoming a student at Mt. Carmel High School. Transfer students must speak with the Athletic Director or Athletic Assistant prior to being added to any team roster. We will assist you in completing any necessary CIF eligibility paperwork that is required before your student can compete in his/her sport.
2022-23 Submission Deadlines for Ticket to Play Paperwork
Fall Sports - Ticket to Play due by June 15, 2022
Winter Sports - Ticket to play due by October 28, 2022
- Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Girls' Golf, Girls' Tennis, Girls' Volleyball, Boys' Water Polo, Cheer
Spring Sports - Ticket to play due by January 25, 2023
- Boys' Basketball, Girls' Basketball, Boys' Soccer, Girls' Soccer, Girls' Water Polo, Wrestling
- Baseball, Boys' Golf, Gymnastics, Boys' Lacrosse, Girls' Lacrosse, Softball, Swim & Dive, Boys' Tennis, Track & Field, Boys' Volleyball
Failure to complete and submit the MCHS Athletic Packet by the above deadlines may delay and/or prohibit the athlete from trying out.
Check your student's status in Dragonfly
You can log into DragonFly Max as often as you'd like to update important information, check the paperwork clearance status of your athlete, and check injury information throughout the season.
Contact the Athletic Trainer (AT) if your child has an injury you are concerned about.
→ Physicals are valid for 12 months from the date of exam and must not expire during your sport season, including post-season playoffs.
→ If the student is transferring from another school, parents should ask for the athlete's physical from that school and submit it to the MCHS Athletic department.
→ The Ticket to Play process/paperwork must be completed each school year.
→ If you believe your student's physical was completed and submitted during the previous school year and will cover their entire sport season during this school year
, contact the athletic office at email@example.com
→ If you do not have access to a computer or printer at home, contact the athletic office.
DragonFly MAX Info
About DragonFly Athletics
DragonFly MAX Security
HIPAA and FERPA compliant