Mt. Carmel school code: 2UPSG8
Students who are interested in trying out for a sport are required to complete a Ticket to Play each school year AND obtain a pre-participation Sports Physical from a licensed practicioner.
Starting June 2020, the athletic department has transitioned to an online system called DragonFly MAX to reduce paper and streamline our Ticket to Play completion and approval process.
The Ticket to Play process is required to be done once each school year (not each sport season).
To complete your Ticket to Play
- Complete all Ticket to Play forms electronically through Dragonfly MAX.
- Create a free account: Parents should use a computer to create an account with parent email, create a profile for their student(s), then click on the semi-circle at the bottom of the athlete's profile under "Prep for 2020-21" to complete required forms.
► The only forms that you will need to print and turn in to the athletics office
are the "Dragonfly Completion Page" and Medical History/Physical Forms. Please check back for dates that we will begin accepting these forms. We are not able to accept any forms while the office is still closed to the public.
► Note: When the parent/athlete portion of electronic forms are completed, the athlete's profile will show 86%. The other 14% will be completed by the athletic department after parent/athlete complete steps 2 and 3 below.
We have created a step by step instruction sheet to help you through the online Ticket
to Play process. Please refer to this guide prior to contacting the athletic department with questions. Click here to view the walkthough: DRAGONFLY INSTRUCTION HANDOUT
- Visit a medical professional for a Pre-Participation Physical Exam. This can be done with a Physician (MD/DO), Physician’s Assistant (PA), Nurse Practitioner (NP), or Chiropractor (DC) licensed in the state of CA. All students planning to try out for any sport will be required to obtain a Sports Physical. We realize that it may be difficult to get an appointment during this time. If you are unable to visit your child's primary care physican, please try one of these local area physicians that may be able to assist.
Take these forms with you to your exam: Pre-Participation Medical History & Physical Forms
Page one should be completed and signed by parent/athlete.
Page two is for the health care provider to complete and sign.
- Keep your forms in a safe place for the summer. Hard copy forms will be collected before tryouts (Fall sports deadline TBA - we are not accepting forms while the office is currently closed to the public). You must submit the original, hard copy Medical History and Pre-Participation Physical Exam forms that are signed/stamped/dated by healthcare provider to the athletic office along with the Dragonfly Completion Page. This must be done before the deadline for your sport season (see time frames below). Without the original forms, the athlete will not be cleared to participate. We do not accept uploaded, emailed, faxed, xeroxed copies, etc.
- Once you have completed all electronic forms and we have received the hard copies of your student's medical history and sports physical, we will manually clear your student for tryouts and you will see a green circle that says "READY!" on your student's DragonFly profile. Your student is NOT cleared for tryouts if this is not the case.
If these steps are not completed - No try outs. No exceptions!
→ Transfer students are considered students who have attended another high school prior to becoming a student at Mt. Carmel High School. Transfer students must speak with the Athletic Director or Athletic Assistant prior to being added to any team roster. We will assist you in completing any necessary CIF eligibility paperwork that is required before your student can compete in his/her sport.
2020-21 Submission Deadlines for Ticket to Play Paperwork
TBD deadline for Fall Season Sports (check back for updates and form acceptance dates)
October 30, 2020 for Winter Season Sports
January 29, 2021 for Spring Season Sports
Failure to complete DragonFly MAX electronic paperwork and submit the original, hard copy Medical History/Physical forms may delay and/or prohibit the athlete from trying out.
Check your student's status in Dragonfly
You can log in to DragonFly Max as often as you'd like to update important information, check the paperwork clearance status of your athlete, and check injury information throughout the season.
Contact the Athletic Trainer (AT) if your child has an injury you are concerned about.
Get the Dragonfly MAX Mobile App
Download the mobile app and allow notifications!
The Athletic Trainer and coaches may use this to send messages, update injury/treatment status, etc.
→ Physicals are valid for 12 months from the date of exam and must not expire during your sport season, including post-season playoffs.
→ If the student is transferring from another school, parents should ask for the athlete's physical from that school and bring it to the Mt. Carmel athletics department along with the Dragonfly MAX Completion page.
→ The Ticket to Play process/paperwork must be completed each school year.
→ If you believe your student's physical was completed and submitted during the previous school year and will cover their entire sport season during this school year
, contact the athletic office at firstname.lastname@example.org
→ If you do not have access to a computer or printer at home, contact the athletic office.
DragonFly MAX Info
About DragonFly Athletics
DragonFly MAX Security
HIPAA and FERPA compliant