Mt. Carmel Athletics
Please note that our Instagram page @sundevil_athletics is our primary source of communication with the most up-to-date announcements, highlights, photos and more.
We encourage all of our student-athletes, parents and sports fans to give us a follow!
THE SUNDEVIL WAY
#1 - Engage in positive relationships between student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
#2 - Engage in experiences that allow for student-athletes to develop and
demonstrate leadership qualities/skills.
#3 - Engage in learning and skill development that supports all student-athletes in fulfilling their potential.
Each of our head coaches will lead their team of student-athletes, assistant coaches, and parents towards reaching these goals. As a start, each of our head coaches is in the process of creating a purpose statement to be shared with their team. As our coaches start to publish their statements, check back to our "Coaches" page to read why they coach!
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3109
Athletic Director's Letter
"I LEAD exhibiting work ethic, commitment, empathy, and integrity to promote education-based athletics as a human development experience by connecting young people with well supported adults who are motivated to have a positive impact on their athletes' lives."
Athletic Trainer, Diane Lawrance
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3154
Athletic Trainer's Webpage
"I am an athletic trainer to serve student-athletes both on and off the field, to motivate athletes to be proactive in regards to their overall health, and to demonstrate that through hard work, dedication, and perseverance they can overcome any obstacle."
AD's Assistant, Emily Comstock
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3110
Please follow us on Instagram @sundevil_athletics
BASKETBALL GAME TICKETS
Due to new 500 person capacity limitations on indoor games, please purchase your game tickets through our GoFan page to avoid being turned away at gate sales once we have reached full capacity.
SPRING SEASON TRYOUT INFORMATION
This will be updated with additional sports as information becomes available. For questions or specifics, please reach out to the head coach of your program. All athletes must have a completed Ticket to Play (see details below) to be eligible for tryouts.
- Baseball - Tryouts begin on Saturday, Feb. 5th at 9 am on the MC Field
- Boys' Golf - Tryouts will be February 7th and February 9th at Oaks North Golf Course at 3:30 PM and will consist of one 9-hole round and range, chipping and putting observations, split between the two days.
- Gymnastics - Tryouts begin Saturday, Feb. 12 at 8 am in the Training Center. All are welcome.
- Boys' Lacrosse - Tryouts begin Saturday, Feb. 12 from 11am-1:30 pm in Sundevil Stadium
- Girls' Lacrosse - Tryouts begin Saturday, Feb. 12 from 8:30-10:45 am in Sundevil Stadium
- Softball - Tryouts will be held on the Varsity Softball field on Saturday, February 5th from 9-12 pm and will continute Mon-Tue, Feb. 7-8 from 3:45-5:45 pm.
- Boys' Tennis - Tryouts will be held on the MC courts on Saturday, Feb. 5th from 9 am-12 pm and will continue Mon-Tue, Feb. 7-8 from 3-5:30 pm.
TICKET TO PLAY FOR SPRING SEASON SPORTS - DEADLINE IS JANUARY 20
If you are planning to try out for a Spring sport, you must have a completed online Ticket to Play by Thursday, January 20. No Ticket to Play = no tryouts...no exceptions! Physicals that expire mid-season cannot be accepted. Athletes that were cleared for Fall or Winter season that have physicals that will expire mid-Spring season MUST submit a new physical prior to the January 20 deadline to be cleared for tryouts. Please click here for more information on Ticket to Play.
GOFAN DIGITAL TICKETING
Tickets for our Basketball games and Wrestling matches can be purchased in advance through GoFan. Please click here to buy now!
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM!
Our department Instagram account has become our primary means of communication regarding important news, updates and highlights. Please find and follow us @sundevil_athletics
2020-21 ATHLETICS RECOGNITION CEREMONY
Click here to watch our June ceremony.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2020-21 ALL LEAGUE ATHLETES!
Click here to view the list of All League Teams for 2020-21.