Mt. Carmel Athletics
The Ticket to Play deadline for Winter sports is Friday, October 29. If your student-athlete is trying out for a Winter sport, please note the following:
- Make sure your athlete's Ticket to Play forms have been completed in DragonFly. If you see a green READY circle and 100% on their profile for 2021-22, they are good to go for tryouts! PLEASE NOTE: If your athlete was cleared for Fall season but has a physical that will expire during Winter season, a new physical must be submitted by the October 29 deadline or they will not be cleared for winter sport tryouts/participation.
- If your athlete is not yet fully cleared, it likely means they are missing forms or have errors/missing info that needs to be fixed. Forms that need to be updated will show as REJECTED with a note in red text about what needs to be fixed.
- Physicals that expire mid-season will NOT be accepted…NO EXCEPTIONS! We know insurance may not cover an exam until a certain date but there are other options – some of which are listed here: https://www.powayusd.com/PUSD/media/MCHS/Athletics/docs/Doctors-offering-Physicals.pdf
- Please refrain from contacting the Athletics department to find out if your athlete has been cleared. Please see #1 above. We usually review any "pending approval" forms within 2-3 business days of submission.
- For information or instructions on completing a Ticket to Play via DragonFly MAX, please click here.
Please check our "Athletic News" section below for important information. We update frequently to keep athletes and families informed. Coaches and Foundation representatives will also share pertinent information when available.
THE SUNDEVIL WAY
#1 - Engage in positive relationships between student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
#2 - Engage in experiences that allow for student-athletes to develop and
demonstrate leadership qualities/skills.
#3 - Engage in learning and skill development that supports all student-athletes in fulfilling their potential.
Each of our head coaches will lead their team of student-athletes, assistant coaches, and parents towards reaching these goals. As a start, each of our head coaches is in the process of creating a purpose statement to be shared with their team. As our coaches start to publish their statements, check back to our "Coaches" page to read why they coach!
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3109
Athletic Director's Letter
"I LEAD exhibiting work ethic, commitment, empathy, and integrity to promote education-based athletics as a human development experience by connecting young people with well supported adults who are motivated to have a positive impact on their athletes' lives."
Athletic Trainer, Diane Lawrance
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3154
Athletic Trainer's Webpage
"I am an athletic trainer to serve student-athletes both on and off the field, to motivate athletes to be proactive in regards to their overall health, and to demonstrate that through hard work, dedication, and perseverance they can overcome any obstacle."
AD's Assistant, Emily Comstock
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3110
Please follow us on Instagram @sundevil_athletics
DIGITAL TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE!
Save time...avoid the line! Mt. Carmel has partnered with GoFan to offer online ticketing for our games. Click here to purchase your MCHS Football tickets now! Please do not hit "redeem" on your tickets once you've purchased...we'll do that for you when you check in at the gate.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM!
Our department Instagram account has become our primary means of communication regarding important news, updates and highlights. Please find and follow us @sundevil_athletics
If you are planning to try out for a Winter season sport (Girls' Basketball, Boys' Basketball, Girls' Soccer, Boys' Soccer, Girls' Water Polo, Wrestling), you must have a completed Ticket to Play by Friday, October 29. Sports physicals must cover the entire season - no exceptions. For information on completing a Ticket to Play, please click here. If you were cleared for Fall season but have a physical that will expire during Winter season, a new physical must be submitted by the October 29 deadline or you will not be cleared for winter sport tryouts/participation. We suggest contacting the head coach of your sport for information on tryout dates, pre-season activities or meetings, etc.
2020-21 ATHLETICS RECOGNITION CEREMONY
Click here to watch our June ceremony.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2020-21 ALL LEAGUE ATHLETES!
Click here to view the list of All League Teams for 2020-21.
INFORMATION FOR FRESHMEN
If you missed the 8th grade parent information night, we've prepared this document to help cover the "basics" of how to get your incoming Freshmen involved in Athletics at Mt. Carmel. We look forward to welcoming your student-athlete to the Sundevil Family! Please click here to view.
VIRTUAL END-OF-YEAR BANQUET (2019-2020)
- Since we didn't get to host the annual end-of-year Athletics banquet to honor our student-athletes, we hope you enjoy this "virtual banquet" featuring highlights from the 2019-20 school year. Please click here to view the video.