Mt. Carmel Athletics
Student-athletes and parents:
Please take a moment to complete a brief evaluation to share your feedback about the MCHS Athletics program this season. Your response is very important in helping us improve the quality of the Sundevil student-athlete experience.
Student-athletes: please click HERE
Parents: please click HERE
THE SUNDEVIL WAY
#1 - Engage in positive relationships between student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
#2 - Engage in experiences that allow for student-athletes to develop and
demonstrate leadership qualities/skills.
#3 - Engage in learning and skill development that supports all student-athletes in fulfilling their potential.
Each of our head coaches will lead their team of student-athletes, assistant coaches, and parents towards reaching these goals. As a start, each of our head coaches is in the process of creating a purpose statement to be shared with their team. As our coaches start to publish their statements, check back to our "Coaches" page to read why they coach!
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3109
Athletic Director's Letter
"I LEAD to promote education-based athletics as a human development experience by connecting young people with well supported adults who are motivated to have a positive impact on their athletes' lives."
Athletic Trainer, Diane Lawrance
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3154
"I am an athletic trainer to serve student-athletes both on and off the field, to motivate athletes to be proactive in regards to their overall health, and to demonstrate that through hard work, dedication, and perseverance they can overcome any obstacle."
AD's Assistant, Emily Comstock
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3110
2019-2020 WINTER SPORTS
- Wrestling - The wrestling team is still accepting new participants. Any student-athlete that is not part of a winter sports team, still participating in fall playoffs or is in band competition can still join. A Ticket-to-Play packet with valid sports physical must be turned in prior to participation if not already on file (download here or stop by the office for a hard copy). If you have any questions please see Coach Miller in room J4.
- Girls' Soccer - Try outs continue for all interested players on November 15 at 2 p.m. in the stadium. For questions, please contact Coach Schelhorse at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls' Water Polo - If you missed the informational meeting, please contact Coach Crawford for upcoming tryout and practice information - email@example.com
- Winter sports parent meetings will be held in the Gym at 9 a.m. on Nov. 16 (Boys' and Girls' Basketball) and 6 p.m. on November 19 (Water Polo, Wrestling, Boys' Soccer). Girls' Soccer parent meeting TBA.
- If you are eligible for a MCAF Scholar Athlete patch or pin (earned a 3.75+ GPA and lettered in one or more Varsity sports in the 2018-2019 school year), please see Mrs. Comstock in Athletics (front office) to pick up. Please note that if you earned a pin and your last name begins with O-Z, these should be ready for pick up in late November.