Mt. Carmel Athletics
If your student-athlete is trying out for a fall sport, please note the following regarding Ticket to Play:
- Make sure your athlete's Ticket to Play forms have been completed in DragonFly. If you see a green READY circle and 100% on their profile for 2021-22, they are good to go for fall tryouts!
- If your athlete is not yet fully cleared, it likely means they are missing forms or have errors/missing info that needs to be fixed. Forms that need to be updated will show as REJECTED with a note in red text about what needs to be fixed.
- Physicals that expire mid-season will NOT be accepted…NO EXCEPTIONS! We know insurance may not cover an exam until a certain date but there are other options – some of which are listed here: https://www.powayusd.com/PUSD/media/MCHS/Athletics/docs/Doctors-offering-Physicals.pdf
- Please refrain from contacting the Athletics department to find out if your athlete has been cleared. Please see #1 above. If you are submitting late paperwork, it will show as “pending approval” until we begin reviewing forms again at the end of July.
- For information or instructions on completing a Ticket to Play via DragonFly MAX, please click here.
Please check our "Athletic News" section below for important information. We are updating this frequently to keep athletes and families informed. Coaches and Foundation representatives will also share pertinent information when available.
THE SUNDEVIL WAY
#1 - Engage in positive relationships between student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
#2 - Engage in experiences that allow for student-athletes to develop and
demonstrate leadership qualities/skills.
#3 - Engage in learning and skill development that supports all student-athletes in fulfilling their potential.
Each of our head coaches will lead their team of student-athletes, assistant coaches, and parents towards reaching these goals. As a start, each of our head coaches is in the process of creating a purpose statement to be shared with their team. As our coaches start to publish their statements, check back to our "Coaches" page to read why they coach!
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3109
Athletic Director's Letter
"I LEAD exhibiting work ethic, commitment, empathy, and integrity to promote education-based athletics as a human development experience by connecting young people with well supported adults who are motivated to have a positive impact on their athletes' lives."
Athletic Trainer, Diane Lawrance
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3154
Athletic Trainer's Webpage
"I am an athletic trainer to serve student-athletes both on and off the field, to motivate athletes to be proactive in regards to their overall health, and to demonstrate that through hard work, dedication, and perseverance they can overcome any obstacle."
AD's Assistant, Emily Comstock
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3110
GIRLS' BASKETBALL MEET AND GREET
We are excited to welcome our new Girls' Basketball head coach, Nate Jackson, to the Sundevil Athletics family! Coach Jackson and his staff will be hosting a meet and greet/informational meeting on Thursday, August 12 at 6:30 p.m. in the MCHS Staff Lounge. No RSVP needed. For questions or more information, please contact Coach Jackson at email@example.com
FALL SPORTS TRYOUTS
Fall sports are here! For tryout information or questions, please email the head coach of your sport - contact information can be found by clicking here. A fully completed and approved Ticket to Play is required in order to participate in tryouts...no exceptions. Please see additional Ticket to Play inforamation at the top of this page.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2020-21 ALL LEAGUE ATHLETES!
Click here to view the list of All League Teams for 2020-21.
WELCOME TO OUR NEW HEAD FOOTBALL COACH, DREW WESTLING!
We are thrilled that Coach Drew Westling has joined the Sundevil family. Click here to read the San Diego Union Tribune announcement.
INFORMATION FOR INCOMING FRESHMEN
If you missed the 8th grade parent information night, we've prepared this document to help cover the "basics" of how to get your incoming Freshmen involved in Athletics at Mt. Carmel. We look forward to welcoming your student-athlete to the Sundevil Family! Please click here to view.
VIRTUAL END-OF-YEAR BANQUET (2019-2020)
- Since we didn't get to host the annual end-of-year Athletics banquet to honor our student-athletes, we hope you enjoy this "virtual banquet" featuring highlights from the 2019-20 school year. Please click here to view the video.