Mt. Carmel Athletics
Please check our "Athletic News" section below for important information. We are updating this frequently to keep athletes and families informed. Coaches and Foundation representatives will also share pertinent information when available.
THE SUNDEVIL WAY
#1 - Engage in positive relationships between student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
#2 - Engage in experiences that allow for student-athletes to develop and
demonstrate leadership qualities/skills.
#3 - Engage in learning and skill development that supports all student-athletes in fulfilling their potential.
Each of our head coaches will lead their team of student-athletes, assistant coaches, and parents towards reaching these goals. As a start, each of our head coaches is in the process of creating a purpose statement to be shared with their team. As our coaches start to publish their statements, check back to our "Coaches" page to read why they coach!
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3109
Athletic Director's Letter
"I LEAD exhibiting work ethic, commitment, empathy, and integrity to promote education-based athletics as a human development experience by connecting young people with well supported adults who are motivated to have a positive impact on their athletes' lives."
Athletic Trainer, Diane Lawrance
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3154
"I am an athletic trainer to serve student-athletes both on and off the field, to motivate athletes to be proactive in regards to their overall health, and to demonstrate that through hard work, dedication, and perseverance they can overcome any obstacle."
AD's Assistant, Emily Comstock
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3110
ATHLETIC CLEARANCE FOR TRYOUTS
Is your student-athlete ready for tryouts? If their DragonFly MAX profile is not showing 100% complete by December 1, the answer is no. Please be sure to log in and check your athlete's status prior to the December 1 Ticket to Play deadline. If you think you have completed all necessary forms but are still not seeing 100% on the profile, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Athletes will not be permitted to try out for any sport without a fully completed online Ticket to Play through DragonFly MAX. Please click here for more information and instructions on using DragonFly MAX.
Several of our programs have begun, or will soon be starting, pre-season workouts. For more information, please reach out to the head coach of your student-athlete's sport. Click here for coach contact info.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS REGARDING 2020-21 ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION
We have created a helpful FAQ to address the many questions we are receiving regarding athletics this year with the impact of COVID-19. This will be updated when we have additional information to share. Please click here to access the FAQ.
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR - TICKET TO PLAY/ATHLETIC CLEARANCE
- A Ticket to Play is required for any student planning to try out for a sport at Mt. Carmel. We have transitioned to an online system for Ticket to Play which will help us streamline the process and reduce paper. Click here for more information and instructions for online Ticket to Play.
- Based on updated season start dates, the Ticket to Play deadline for ALL athletes is Dec. 1, 2020. To accomodate restrictions due to Covid-19, WE WILL BE ACCEPTING ELECTRONIC COPIES OF THE MEDICAL HISTORY AND SPORTS PHYSICAL (2 SEPERATE PAGES) UPLOADED TO YOUR STUDENT'S DRAGONFLY PROFILE. This is a change from our previous announcement that hard copies would be required to be turned in to the office.
- If you have already completed an online Ticket to Play, please log in to DragonFly to ensure all electronic paperwork is complete and has been approved. (We generally review electonic forms within 5-7 days.) If your athlete's profile is not at 100%, he/she is not yet cleared to try out. While we ARE now accepting uploaded Medical History and Sports Physical forms, we have been "rejecting" many of them because only one of the two forms has been uploaded. Your athlete cannot be cleared without BOTH forms uploaded or turned in to the office. If any form has been rejected, you will see a note explaining what is still needed. We have split the sections to upload the Medical History form and Sports Physical form, as many people were having difficulty uploading them together as a single pdf.
- Please note that physicals that expire mid-season (based on the new CIF calendar below) will NOT be accepted. Physicals are valid for ONE year from the date of the exam. We aplogize for the inconvenience this may cause.
- Sports physicals are a required component of the Ticket to Play for all 2020-21 student-athletes and original, signed copies of the Medical History and Sports Physical forms must be turned in or uploaded to your student's DragonFly profile prior to trying out or participating in MCHS Athletics. (All Ticket to Play forms are now done online via DragonFly Max. Click here to learn more.) With current county-wide restrictions on large gatherings, we do not expect that we will be able to reschedule an onsite Physicals Night prior to tryout dates. If you are unable to get an appointment with your student's primary care physician, please refer to our list of area physicians that may be able assist.
FALL SEASON 2020 UPDATE (as of 7/20/20)
ALL sports have been postponed until January. CIF has modified the sports calendar this year and we will be offering TWO sport seasons with ALL sports scheduled into one of those 2 seasons. The first season will begin practice/tryouts in December (contests in January) while the 2nd season will begin in March. This situation is still somewhat fluid and the SDCIF will be posting specific dates which we will share ASAP. If you have specific sport questions please contact the coach of that sport (after September 1 if possible). Coaches currently do not have a lot of specific information and they/we will be formulating our plans over the next 6 weeks.
- Please complete your online Ticket-to-Play and arrange for a pre-participation physical prior to December 1 for ALL athletes.
VIRTUAL END-OF-YEAR BANQUET
- Since we didn't get to host the annual end-of-year Athletics banquet to honor our student-athletes, we hope you enjoy this "virtual banquet" featuring highlights from the 2019-20 school year. Please click here to view the video.
COVID-19 - ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES & CDC INFORMATION
- If you are eligible for a MCAF Scholar Athlete patch or pin (earned a 3.75+ GPA and lettered in one or more Varsity sports in the 2018-2019 school year), please see Mrs. Comstock in Athletics (front office) to pick up when campus reopens.