Del Norte Counseling
DNHS CEEB School code: 054351
Students under 18 years of age are required by State law to have a work permit issued through their home school. Students may not work until the actual work permit has been issued.
Approving Work Permits
The minimum requirements are (all within the current school year):
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Less than 3 unexcused absences
- No excessive excused absences
- Less than 3 tardies
- No excessive disciplinary action taken
If everything is satisfactory, the work permit will be issued. In addition, if you do not meet these minimum requirements after being issued a work permit, it may be revoked.
Steps To Obtaining A Work Permit While School is in Session
You will secure employment prior to getting a work permit. Read and sign the Work Permit Instructions
and the (B1-1) Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor form
. This is a two step process:
- B1-1 Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor form and the Work Permit Instructions form can be dropped off with Security at the Front Office on Mondays or Thursdays from 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Make sure you have the forms completed and signed or it could cause a delay in processing.
- Executed work permits can be picked up on Mondays and Thursdays between 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Students must pick up the work permit since it requires their signature.
If you are interested in work experience credits, please see your counselor for more information. All work experience students (including 18 year olds) are required to have a work permit.
Obtaining a work permit during the Summer
Entertainment Work Permits
If you need to obtain an entertainment work permit-download this form
and follow the procedures listed on the document. When obtaining school authorities signatures, please return the form to Mrs. Malimali, our registrar, for processing.
The local Division of Labor Standards Enforcement office is located at:
7575 Metropolitan Drive, Suite 210
San Diego, CA 92108
For additional information: California Department of Education