Del Norte Counseling
DNHS CEEB School code: 054351
2023-2024 INCOMING 9TH COURSE REQUEST PROCESS
Dear Class of 2027:
Del Norte High School extends a warm welcome to you, a soon-to-be Nighthawk! Please find instructions, CRF form, and resources below. We encourage you to refer to these resources to assist you, in addition to your current 8th grade teachers for advice if unsure of which course to select.
(For questions regarding summer programs, please refer to "Outside PUSD Courses" webpage.)
Student Responsibilities & Deadlines
- Step 1: Read CRF instructions handout below. Print and complete CRF form, including student and parent/guardian signatures.
- Step 2: Between 3/8 – 3/31 students must enter all 15 courses, plus alternates, onto Synergy StudentVue/Course Request.
- Step 3: Due by March 31st students must turn in CRF to their social studies teacher.
8th Grade Family Night - Tuesday, March 21, 2023 5:00-7:40pm
CRF Instructions - please refer to often
Course Request Form (CRF)
- Electives Fair & Campus Tour- 5:00-5:30pm
- Principal's Welcome - 5:30-6:10
- Counselor Presentations & Breakout Sessions - 6:20-7:40
Parent CRF Q&A Drop-Ins
If you have questions regarding your child's course please attend one of the following Parent Q&A Drop-In's. Two will be in our Staff Lounge at DNHS and one will be on Zoom. Parent/guardian will remain in a zoom waiting room until it is their turn to have a brief meeting with one of the counselors.
March 23rd 3:00-5:00pm, March 27th (Zoom) 3:00-5:00pm, March 29th 8:00-10:00am
Coming from a PUSD middle school but not Oak Valley, Black Mountain or Design39 Campus?
If you have moved into the Del Norte boundaries but your student is still attending a PUSD middle school other than Oak Valley or Design39 Campus. You need to let your current school know your student will be attending Del Norte. Be sure to print out from above:
- CRF Form for Incoming 9th
- CRF Introduction letter
- View the 8th Grade Class Presentation
- Attend the 8th Grade Family Night
- Return the CRF as soon as possible.
- Download and complete all registration information starting May 11. You will bring this to registration in August.
Note for 8th Grade families: If you reside in an area outside the Del Norte High School boundaries or in a school district outside the Poway Unified School District, you must first contact PUSD regarding the process and procedure.
Coming from Outside PUSD?
Your first step is to check your address to ensure you live within Del Norte's boundaries. Click here to check. For more information, please email Sue Reich, email@example.com.
You will need the following documents:
Note: If you reside in an area outside the Del Norte High School boundaries or in a school district outside PUSD, you must first contact PUSD regarding the process and procedure.
- Student Birth Certificate or Passport
- Student Immunizations
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Proof of Residency
- Please also review all the CRF information so you can be prepared with any questions