Del Norte Counseling
DNHS CEEB School code: 054351
Welcome Nighthawks to Del Norte Counseling. We hope you are all staying well and safe during this challenging time. Please find resources related to this pandemic on our Social/Emotional Resources site.
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social development of all Del Norte students. School counselors are professional advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement. We are committed to our students being college and career ready when they graduate.
Latest News & Updates
COMMUNITY COLLEGE NIGHT PRESENTATION
YouTube Live Recording
Visit with representatives from Palomar, MiraCosta, Grossmont-Cuyamaca and San Diego Community College District.
TRANSCRIPT PICK UP
If you still need your transcript for CRF planning, you can pick-up Monday - Friday 1:30 - 3:00 p.m. at the Front Office. Masks and ID’s Required.
VIRTUAL CAREER PRESENTATIONS
Business CTE Pathway (virtual lunch meetings, 11:25-11:55) Join Zoom Meeting
- Monday, March 1st – Career in Marketing
- Wednesday, March 3rd – Small Business Owner
Palomar Application Workshops: For seniors interested in applying to Palomar Community College, please sign up here. Once we have a group of students, we will schedule a Zoom meeting and the link will be sent to you.
California State University (CSU) - Admissions Update - Class of 2020 & Class of 2021
Social/Emotional Resources for students and their families during the school closures.
University of California (UC) - Admissions Update - Class of 2020 & Class of 2021
Schedule Change Process:
Students can request schedule changes before a trimester begins or within the first 10 school days of each trimester.
Students must complete a Schedule Change Request Form and return it to counseling.
Students can view their trimester schedule the evening before the trimester opens. Please follow the guidelines below if the student has a concern with their schedule:
- Open or double period on your schedule: See your counselor the first day of school during that period.
- Placed in the wrong class level: Complete and turn in a schedule change form. Go to all classes on your schedule. Your counselor will work on it as quickly as possible and get in touch with you as soon as it is resolved.
- Requests to change an elective class: Beginning the 3rd day of each trimester you may drop off a completed schedule change request in the box in the front office. Due to scheduling conflicts and available space, students do not always get their requested elective. Counselors will do their best to accommodate your request and will contact you as soon as a decision has been made.
Examples of acceptable changes:
- Level change: e.g. you have Spanish 1-2 on your schedule, but you need to be in Spanish 3-4.
- Open Period: less than five classes in one trimester.
- Incorrect class: incorrect class, e.g. you requested Mandarin but received Spanish.
Examples of unacceptable changes:
- We cannot accept requests for a specific teacher, trimester, or period (except for off roll).
- Required grade level courses will not be dropped.
- AP courses cannot be dropped.
In order to allow students to take courses to enrich their high school experience without endangering their GPA, individual students may elect to take courses on a pass/fail basis. Each student may opt for only one pass/fail academic class per trimester. Students must complete all pass/fail requests with the DNHS registrar, during the first five school days of the trimester. Students cannot apply for pass/fail for any courses on the ‘a-g’ list of approved courses for the CSU/University of California. In summer session, requests must be completed during the first three (3) days of the session. A Pass grade will not be calculated in the student's GPA; however, an F will be calculated.