Del Norte Counseling
DNHS CEEB School code: 054351
Welcome Nighthawks to Del Norte Counseling. We hope you are all staying well and safe during this challenging time. Please find resources related to this pandemic on our Social/Emotional Resources site.
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social development of all Del Norte students. School counselors are professional advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement. We are committed to our students being college and career ready when they graduate.
Latest News & Updates
PUSD College & Career Virtual Fair- October 20, 2020 (6:00-8:45 p.m.) for 9th-12th Grade- Flyer
California State University (CSU) - Admissions Update - Class of 2020 & Class of 2021
Social/Emotional Resources for students and their families during the school closures.
University of California (UC) - Admissions Update - Class of 2020 & Class of 2021
Schedule Change Process:
Students can request schedule changes before a trimester begins or within the first 10 school days of each trimester.
Students must complete a Schedule Change Request Form and return it to counseling.
Students can view their trimester schedule the evening before the trimester opens. Please follow the guidelines below if the student has a concern with their schedule:
- Open or double period on your schedule: See your counselor the first day of school during that period.
- Placed in the wrong class level: Complete and turn in a schedule change form. Go to all classes on your schedule. Your counselor will work on it as quickly as possible and get in touch with you as soon as it is resolved.
- Requests to change an elective class: Beginning the 3rd day of each trimester you may drop off a completed schedule change request in the box in the front office. Due to scheduling conflicts and available space, students do not always get their requested elective. Counselors will do their best to accommodate your request and will contact you as soon as a decision has been made.
Examples of acceptable changes:
- Level change: e.g. you have Spanish 1-2 on your schedule, but you need to be in Spanish 3-4.
- Open Period: less than five classes in one trimester.
- Incorrect class: incorrect class, e.g. you requested Mandarin but received Spanish.
Examples of unacceptable changes:
- We cannot accept requests for a specific teacher, trimester, or period (except for off roll).
- Required grade level courses will not be dropped.
- AP courses cannot be dropped.