Del Norte Counseling
DNHS CEEB School code: 054351
Welcome Nighthawks to Del Norte Counseling. We are excited to be working with you this year! Our mission is to provide a comprehensive counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social development of all Del Norte students. School counselors are professional advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement. We are committed to our students being college and career ready when they graduate.
Latest News & Updates
For all 8th grade students currently enrolled in our feeder middle schools - because we were not able to collect your course request form (CRF) before the school closures took effect and we would like to verify your classes for next fall, please scan (both front and back) and email your completed and signed CRF to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and FAQs about course selection for 9th grade, please CLICK HERE.
California State University (CSU) - Admissions Update - Class of 2020 & Class of 2021
California State Seal of Biliteracy - Application Deadline has been extended to May 1, 2020
Del Norte Counselor office hours via email - Mon/Wed/Thurs from noon - 2 pm
Social/Emotional Resources for students and their families during the school closures.
College Board / AP Testing Schedule Updates
University of California (UC) - Admissions Update - Class of 2020 & Class of 2021
Work Permits are now available online
Schedule Change Process:
Students can request schedule changes before a trimester begins or within the first 10 school days of each trimester. Add/Drop deadlines:
Trimester 1: September 4, 2019 Trimester 2: December 6, 2019 Trimester 3: March 20, 2020
Students must complete a Schedule Change Request form. Please return this to the counseling office.
- Open or double period on your schedule: See your counselor the first day of school during that period.
- Placed in the wrong class level: Go to all classes on your schedule. Ask your teacher for a schedule change form during that class period, then drop off the completed form in the counseling office.
- Requests to change an elective class: Beginning the 3rd day of each trimester you may drop off a completed schedule change request in the box in the front office. Due to scheduling conflicts and available space, students do not always get their requested elective. Counselors will do their best to accommodate your request and will contact you as soon as a decision has been made.
Examples of acceptable changes:
- Level change: e.g. you have Spanish 1-2 on your schedule, but you need to be in Spanish 3-4.
- Open Period: less than five classes in one trimester.
- Incorrect class: incorrect class, e.g. you requested Mandarin but received Spanish.
Examples of unacceptable changes:
- We cannot accept requests for a specific teacher, trimester, or period (except for off roll).
- Required grade level courses will not be dropped.
- AP courses cannot be dropped.