||Maximum Per Week
Tips for Library Success
- Classes visit the library on the same day each week. Ask your child what day their class visits.
- All books are checked out for one week at a time.
- Students are also welcome to visit and select items before school every day between 8:40 AM and 9:55 AM (unless the librarian has other obligations). Students may also visit for a few minutes after school, Tuesday-Friday.
- If your child needs more time to finish a book, they must bring the book to school and ask to renew it.
- Help your child develop strategies to return or renew their books on time, such as placing books in their backpack the night before their visit.
- Encourage your child to return their books as soon as they’re done with them, even if it’s not library day yet.
- Help your child find a safe place at your house so books don’t get lost or damaged by siblings or pets.
- Separate school library books from public library books so you can return everything to the correct place. All school library books have a “Park Village Elementary” barcode on the back cover and "Park Village" ownership stamps inside.
- Remind your child not to put water bottles inside their backpack if they also contain library or textbooks. Books absorb water like a sponge and wet books grow mold overnight!
- Parents are responsible for paying fines for loss or damage to library items. To avoid this, see Lost Books or Wet Books for tips.
About our Birthday Book Club
The library’s Birthday Book Club is an opportunity to for parents and guardians to celebrate their child’s birthday (or another milestone occasion) and make a contribution that will benefit students for years to come. Summer birthdays (June – August) can enjoy their Birthday Club book on their half-birthday.
This program is completely optional
, but if you wish to participate, please complete the form
and return it to Mrs. Fleming in the library. We would love to celebrate with you!
How the Birthday Club works:
- Select a book from the “Park Village ES Library” Wish List on Amazon.com (http://a.co/2ZY3HZB). There are a wide variety of pre-selected books to choose from. Shop through the Foundation’s Amazon Smile link so your gift benefits the school in two ways! You can ship the book to the library, or you can receive it at home and bring it to the library yourself.
- Complete the Birthday Club form and return it to Mrs. Fleming, the librarian, so she knows what to expect.
- A bookplate bearing the student's name, current age, and date of the birthday will be placed in the book.
- When the book is ready, your child will be the first one to check it out.
- After the book is returned, it becomes part of the library collection but it will be displayed on a special Birthday Club shelf for 30 days so students can easily find the newest donations.