Welcome to Pomerado
Luis Ortiz, Principal
12321 9th Street, Poway, CA 92064
(858) 748-1320; fax: (858) 748-8695; Attendance: (858) 679-2604
School Hours: M, T, TH, F 8:15 a.m.
- 2:35 p.m.
Wednesday 8:15 a.m. - 12:55 p.m.
"Safety drop off- pick up"
Please arrive to school on time. The bell rings at 8:10am for line up with classes starting
promptly at 8:15am
Pomerado Elementary is a closed campus. You need to "sign in" at the front office any time
you are in campus. Once the bell rang, please go to the office to sign in. Thank you for your collaboration. Safety of our Pomerado students, staff, and families is very important!
|May 11- June 19||
TK - 5th. Enrollment
9:00 - 11:00 am
|May 27||Student Council Election Day 1-2pm|
ELAC and Title 1 Meeting 8:30 RC
|June 1||Dismissal at 12:55, Professional growth day|
Band Concert 1:30
Band Gala 7 pm
Poway Adult School Summer camps for students in elementary and middle school YEP camps with friends. Great camps where kids will have a blast, make new friends and learn a lot.
K Enrollment and Continuing Student Registratio n -
TK and K Enrollment will be continue in the office between the hours of 9:00 – 11:00 until June 19th.
Children born between Sept. 2, 2009 and December 2, 2010 are eligible for TK and K enrollment.
Poway Unified School District provides a program called Transitional Kindergarten (TK), which is the first of a two-year kindergarten program for students whose 5th birthday falls between September 2 through December 2. More information on this program may be found on the PUSD website.
Parents will need to provide Birth Certificate, 2 Proofs of Residency and Immunization Records. Immunization records must be up-to-date in order to register. The requirements for immunizations are also listed on the PUSD website.
acerca de la inscripción
para el kinder
n acerca de la inscripción para el kinder
Registration of continuing students
Packets were sent home with information to be updated, please return them as soon as posible!
Don't forget to order your yearbook!
Yearbooks are still only $20.00
website - www.jostens.com
Support the Foundation When
Shopping on Amazon:
Through your regular Amazon
account, log into Amazon
Smile. Search for "Pomerado
Foundation" and select it as
your charity of choice.
Bookmark the link and use it
every time you shop Amazon.
It is free to join and 5% of
your purchases go back to
our school! Remember to shop
Amazon Smile all year!
Reminder of dismissal procedure:
1. All students who are not in Special Day class and are pick up by car need to go the upper parking lot. Students are to go to upper parking lot by way of the stairs/ramp by ESS. Students may not go to the upper parking lot by way of the sidewalk in front of the school unless they are accompanied by the adult picking them up or an older sibling who is not enrolled at Pomerado. Students walking home, should go thru the gate near the cafeteria.
2. The only students who are picked up in front of the school on a regular basis are SPED students. We also have parents with reserved parking spaces (Foundation) and handicapped placards.
3. Parents cannot come up the wrong side of the street to go into the upper parking lot or to park in the spaces in front of the office. Open spaces in front of the office afterschool are saved for district personnel or parents who are arriving for an IEP or other afterschool meeting.
4. Students should not be loaded into cars in the red zone in front of the school, in the middle of the roundabout, or double park to pick up students. Other drivers are intent on going home or to their next destination and are not watching for stopped cars in the middle of the street. There are also two other driveways feeding into the traffic flow (the new meditation center and the preschool) and those drivers are often in a hurry.
Consistent enforcement of the rules will help maintain a safe environment.
As the weather changes please remember that Pomerado has a dress code to follow!
The Poway Food and Nutrition Department is pleased to announce the MENUS online. Check it out at www.powayusd.com/nutrition/
EMPLOYER DONATION MATCHING
Click the following link to see if your employer will match your donation to the Pomerado Elementary School Foundation: http://www1.matchinggifts.com/pusdpoes/
Click here for information about County Vaccination Clinics