In the Spring of 1998, Abraxas was recognized as a Model Continuation School by the State Of California. Abraxas is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Abraxas provides an alternative approach to traditional high school education that is relevant, motivational and sensitive to student needs. We acknowledge that some students need a more individualized program and believe that our students have the potential for success and growth both personally and academically. Our efforts are concentrated on the following
- Reconnecting students to learning
- Helping students develop a personal learning plan
- Earning a high school diploma
- Exploring career possibilities
- Gaining skills necessary for success in an adult society
- Helping student develop a more positive self-image