Welcome to Poway Unified School District
We are happy to welcome you to our school district!
This website provides all the necessary forms required to complete your new student enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year. Please follow the step-by-step instructions and proceed as directed. If you need to identify and locate the school your child is to attend, please go to the Address Lookup Tool (see below).
New student enrollment for Grades TK-12 takes place at the school sites from August through June.
Starting July 6:
- Elementary (TK-5) enrollment takes place at the District Office. Please see the Elementary Summer Enrollment Calendar (below) to schedule your appointment. Please download the proper forms (see below) and complete before your visit.
- Secondary (6-12) please visit the PUSD School Websites drop down menu (above) to see the dates and times each school office is open for new student enrollment.
Enrollment for all grade levels (TK-12) takes place at the school sites in early August. Please visit individual school websites to confirm office hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Your student’s enrollment ensures a seat at a school in Poway Unified. We make every effort to enroll your child at your neighborhood school. In some cases, classes at your neighborhood school may reach capacity, in which case we will work with you to place your child at a nearby school.
Welcome to Poway Unified School District’s New Student Enrollment
Elementary Student Enrollment Summer 2017
Elementary school offices are closed June 23rd through August 7th. From July 6th through August 3rd, enrollment for new students in Transitional Kindergarten (TK) through 5th Grade will take place at the District Office, located at 15250 Avenue of Science, San Diego, 92128.
To schedule an appointment, please click the calendar image:
VISIT THIS LINK: https://onlinereg.powayusd.com/
- In some cases where the sites have temporarily reached capacity, your student may receive a provisional enrollment at your school of residence.Once summer enrollment has ended, you will be notified of your student’s final school placement.
- DC39: Families interested in enrolling students in Design39Campus, please do not make an appointment through this website as it will delay your process with Design39Campus. Please visit the Design39Campus Enrollment page for information.
- Valley Elementary: Families enrolling in Valley Elementary may call 858-748-2007 to schedule an appointment on July 25th. Walk-in enrollment begins at the Valley office on July 26th..
Thank you and welcome to Poway Unified!
2017-18 Enrollment Forms
TIP For Families With Multiple Students:
Save this document, reopen it and go back to the first form and replace the student's personal information.
Tab between fields when entering data
The forms below are grade specific and are not required for all Grades TK-12. Please fill out only for students in the grade levels identified.
The health forms below are grade level specific and for your convenience.
- Important! K/1st Report of Physical Exam (CHDP) (1st Grade Requirement, but may submit for KDG as long as physical date is no more than 18 months prior to entering 1st Grade.) First year Transitional Kindergarten (TK) students submit in the kindergarten year.
- Important! K Oral Health Assessment (K) (By May 31, 2018 in Kindergarten or 1st Grade, whichever is the first year of public school)
Megan's Law Forms: Required for volunteers working with students.
If you have previously submitted Megan's Law forms for PUSD clearance, it is not necessary to complete these forms again.
If you need to add, change, or delete schools, please complete the transfer form listed below
Food and Nutrition Links:
Authorization for ON-LINE IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
You will need the latest free version of Adobe Acrobat to download these forms. Click here [Adobe Reader] to download.
It is important that you read, fill out, print, and return each of the required forms in the table listed below. When you sign the Signature Verification Form within the 2017-2018 Enrollment Documents packet you are acknowledging you have read all required forms.
Please be sure to bring the following ORIGINAL documents with you upon enrollment
- Original Birth Certificate, Current Passport or Baptismal Certificate(TK-12). As required by State law, all children entering Kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2017. If your child's 5th birthday is between September 2, 2017 and December 2, 2017, they will be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten.
- Immunization Records Click for current immunization information (TK-12). All children are required to have their vaccinations fully completed before enrolling in school, unless exempt, as provided by law. PLEASE NOTE: Students entering Grade 7 will need proof of a Tdap booster shot unless exempt, as provided by law.
- Two Documents as Proofs of Residency (TK-12) Click for appropriate documents for address verification
- Transcript from previous school (6-12)
School Site specific enrollment forms can be found on the at each of the school sites. Check your child(ren)'s school for enrollment or registration forms. PLEASE NOTE: Design39Campus enrollment is by Lottery only. Please see their website.
Return all necessary forms to your student's school during assigned enrollment times. Please know the enrollment process is not complete until you provide the school with all required forms in the table below and the original documents listed in Step 3. Thank you!
If your child is in a Special Day Class, please contact the Special Education Department for placement at 858-521-2800 x2216. See Special Education