To instill in our students a sense of personal responsibility to attain and maintain a healthy body and appreciate the quality of life that comes with maintaining an active lifestyle.
Sixth Grade Objectives
- Students will attain basic skills, rhythmic movement patterns, cardiovascular fitness, and upper and lower body strength that can be applied to various movement settings.
- Students will discover and understand how their bodies work as related to a healthy and active lifestyle by developing and maintaining a personal portfolio.
- Students will leave sixth grade with an intrinsic value for a healthy and active lifestyle.
Seventh Grade Objectives
- Students will build on skills and principles taught in sixth grade to find success in activities that are "individual" in nature.
- Students will develop communication, critical-thinking, self-esteem and leadership skills through risk-related activities.
- Students will continue to maintain a personal portfolio following their own progress in the fitness, cardiovascular and strength curricular components.
Eighth Grade Objectives
- Students will achieve a higher level of motor development, strength, and cardiovascular fitness to find success in a variety of team oriented activities.
- Students will reach a level of social development that lends them to be contributing and positive members of a group.
- Students will develop personal plans for a healthy lifestyle based on principles of exercise, movement, cardiovascular fitness, strength training, nutrition and an understanding of how their bodies work by evaluating the information compiled in their personal portfolio over the previous three years.