Due to new regulations from both the state and county, PUSD nurses will no longer be providing TB clearance, effective July 1, 2017. TB screenings expire every 4 years.
The law requires that TB clearances be completed by a licensed health provider. The provider will determine if risk factors exist and provide a TB test, if needed.
Here are a few nearby resources where you can obtain a TB clearance. There may be a fee or co-pay involved at some locations:
- Your primary health care provider
- CVS Minute Clinic: 16773 Bernardo Center Dr., Rancho Bernardo, CA 92128
- CVS Minute Clinic: 12358 Poway Rd., Poway, CA 92064
- Neighborhood Health Clinic: 460 N. Elm St., Escondido, CA 92025, 760-520-8100; Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 1:00-4:00, Wednesday: 2:30-4:00
- Public Health Center: 649 West Mission Ave, Suite 2, Escondido, CA 92025; 619-692-5565
Proof of TB clearance is mandated for volunteers working in public schools. Please submit written TB clearance signed by your health care provider to your school site. Again, thank you for your understanding and cooperation. With your help, we look forward to a successful school year.