Our dress code acknowledges the importance of the following: comfort, self-expression, rights of and respect for students, different body types, different cultures and approaches to dress, and the importance of an ongoing dialogue related to gender differences, the potential for bias, and issues around enforcement.
BMMS Students' Acceptable Clothing:
BMMS Students' Unacceptable Clothing:
- Clothing must be full coverage.
- Footwear is required.
- Pants should fit around the waist.
- Straps which connect around the neck or over shoulders.
- Clothing or appearance deemed to interfere with or disrupt the educational process (CA Ed Code 48900 (1) (d). Clothes should not represent nor contain images or verbiage promoting weapons, violence, alcohol, gangs, or drugs.
- No offensive or obscene symbols, signs, slogans degrading any culture, gender, sexual orientation, religious or ethnic value.
- No strapless tops.
- No exposed midriffs or undergarments.