Black Mountain Middle School Traffic and Parking Guidelines
During morning drop off and afternoon pick up, traffic will be heavy. By following rules, and exercising patience, the traffic can be lighter and manageable. By arriving early to school and being picked up a little later, you will have an easier time getting to the campus. More tips can be found here "Safety First
- Morning drop off: It is strongly recommended that student arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. on Mondays (late start), and not later than 7:10 a.m., Tuesday through Friday. Parents are welcome to drop students off on the neighboring streets, but please make sure you inform your student to utilize the crosswalk. Please do not drop your student off in the middle of the street – this is extremely unsafe.
- Afternoon pick up: School dismisses each day at 2:27 p.m. with the exception of the Academy who dismisses at 3:25 p.m. However, on Fridays, Academy will also dismiss at 2:27 p.m. It is recommended that parents arrive early to avoid traffic or have your student meet you in another location in one of the neighboring streets.
- On Fridays, afternoon traffic will get heavier due to all students dismissing at 2:27 p.m. Additionally, Sunset Hills ES dismisses daily at 2:50 p.m.
- Expect traffic in the morning to be heavy and congested, especially during the first few weeks of school. If using Sunset Hills ES to drop your child off, please do not park near the curb – this is reserved for their parents dropping off their children to ESS.
- Our parking lot does have arrows painted to help with the flow of traffic. Please adhere to these arrows, and do not disregard them – this only interrupts the flow of traffic.
- Buses ALWAYS have priority! They have the right of way because it is important that they stay on schedule because they have multiple routes at multiple schools.
- We have established a “culture of kindness” at Black Mountain Middle School. As a part of this culture, patience and tolerance is of the utmost importance. Traffic does have a tendency to slow, even stop, but please know that we try very hard to make sure the traffic is flowing safely for the benefit of our students.
- Practice safe driving habits – model good behavior for our students! Your help is very appreciated!