On March 8, an updated Decision Tree
was published. As a result, please note the following updates. Thank you for your continued work to provide safe and healthy environments for staff and students.
STUDENTS/EMPLOYEES WITH SYMPTOMS
Staying home when sick can lower the risk of spreading infectious diseases, including COVID-19, to other people. Any student/employee who develops new, unexplained symptoms should not return to campus until it is clear that symptoms are mild and improving or are due to a non-infectious cause (e.g., allergies). This includes waiting until 24 hours have passed since resolution of fever (>100.4) without the use of fever-reducing medications.
COVID POSITIVE EMPLOYEE/STUDENT
- Students who have COVID related symptoms will be sent to the office.
- Students' parents will be called to pick up and take home.
- Upon pick up, in the presence of symptoms, the Health Tech or the office team will recommend testing and tell parent to please report any positive results.
: Staff and Students who have tested positive for COVID 19 will continue to report their case to the site supervisor/attendance office team and isolate per the CDPH and SDCOE Decision Tree Decision Tree
. Individuals may return as early as Day 6.
For return as early as Day 6 the person must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must feel well
- Symptoms must be improving.
- The individual has been free of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications for at least 24 hours.
- Individuals should also wear a mask on Days 6 – 10. After ending isolation, individuals may remove their mask sooner than Day 10 with two sequential negative tests one day apart. Testing on or after day 5 is recommended, but not required for return to work or school.
How To Report COVID+ Results & Attendance:
- Call attendance hotline @ (858) 780-2020 (option 2) the night before or day of first absence and leave the below information:
- Student Name
- Student Grade
- Date of first symptom
- Date of confirmed positive test
- Name and relation of person reporting
- Student will automatically be cleared for 5 days from onset of symptoms. If student is out longer, parent will need to call attendance hotline on day 6 to excuse further absences.