School Code: 052536
College Planning (Seniors Applications info @bottom)
Good news! College planning is fairly simple and the resources you need are available to you through school, if you are willing to access them. Fear of the unknown often hightens anxiety for students and parents regarding college planning, and many companies seek to exploit this vulnerability too. Rest assured, if you are mindful to follow the college-bound calendars and to attend our college planning meetings (listed on the calendars), the information you gain should help alleviate the worries you might have at the moment.
The Bronco Center is a great resource to alleviate some concerns you might have as well. Stop in before or after school, or at break or lunch! It is a place to get direction on possible resources that will help answer questions or concerns you might encounter.
The counseling staff at school is always ready to provide assistance with uncertainties you might have as well. Feel free to stop in and visit your counselor if you need further help with planning. Students can drop in at their convenience whenever it is not "class-time," during break, lunch, after school or before school are all good options.
Letters of Recommendation (Common App)
Counselors can submit the Counselors Report (CR) & Secondary School Report (SSR) for your common app without a brag-packet. If you would like your counselor to attach a letter of recommendation into the CR, they must receive a completed brag-packet at least 10 working days before an application is due. All brag-packets (regardless of later application due dates, must be given to counselor before Thanksgiving Break).
Please print and fill out a Brag Packet and then meet with your counselor. The more time you give your teacher or counselor, the more effort they can put into revising and bettering their recommendation for you.
College Information Links
College Applications (Seniors)
General dates for the most common schools to which SENIORS apply
RBHS CEEB Code: 052536 (this is used to identify your high school on many applications)
- CSU – Application opens 10/1 and closes 11/30 (NO LATE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED)
- www.calstate.edu/apply (do not send transcript for application - only send if college requests it after you have applied)
- UC – Application opens 8/1 and closes 11/30 (NO LATE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED)
- www.universityofcalifornia.edu (do not send transcript for application - only send if college requests it after you have applied)
- Most private and out of state schools use the Common App
- www.commonapp.org (add counselor email after FERPA agreement)
- Letters of Rec. - Counselors can submit the Counselors Report (CR) & Secondary School Report (SSR) for your common app without a brag-packet (discuss with them), but if you would like your counselor to attach a letter of recommendation into the CR, they must receive a completed at minimum 10 working days before an application is due. All brag-packets (regardless of later application due dates, must be given to counselor at least before Thanksgiving Break) Brag-packet (download and print as needed)
- Counselors will submit transcript for initial application, and mid-year report, after you have invited them by inputing their email. Student must order the final transcript to be sent from our records office in June.
*Any other college that you don’t see on any of the above applications, likely has their own. In which case you will just go to their website and apply directly.
- Course History can be viewed in Synergy (Tutorial of how), or Transcripts ordered here
- FAFSA – (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) – Opens 10/1 and closes 3/2. The sooner you apply the better, but DO NOT apply before 10/1 of your senior year. www.fafsa.gov must fill out to be eligible for ANY aid including loans. Also see our Scholarship/Financial Aid page.
- Make a list of the schools to which you want to apply, make a list of what each school’s deadline for applying is, what they require for admission, and where the application is. And see your counselor if you need help or have questions.
- Start making a list of your non-academic activities in which you have been involved beginning in 9th grade through now.
- We hold senior meetings in the fall for help with college apps (See your Senior College Calendar). You will get this calendar with the dates listed in September when counselors visit your history and English classes. Please come to the meetings ready with questions you want answered!! You can see most recent videos and presentations held on our presentations page.