Rancho Bernardo Athletics
PAPERWORK TO PLAY
Attention Parents/Guardians and Athletes:
We are now accepting Paperwork to Play for the 2023-2024 school year. Athleticclearance.com is now open. As a reminder the Paperwork to Play process must be completed for each new school year.
In order to participate in sports at RBHS, each athlete must complete the following process each year.
- Print Health History form and Physical form
- Take the completed Health History form and blank physical form to doctor. Doctor must complete,sign, date, and stamp the physical form.
- Complete on-line AthleticClearance.com. Use these Instructions to navigate the process. Please read these instructions for multi-sport athletes.
- Print and sign confirmation page from AthleticClearance.com
- Turn in the following original forms to the Athletics office (emails and copies not accepted)
- Completed Health History form
- Physical form that is completed, signed, dated, and stamped by the doctor.
- Signed AthleticClearance.com confirmation page.
You will receive notification from AthleticClearance.com once your athlete has been cleared to tryout/participate in their season of sport.
Completed paperwork must be turned in to the athletic office (emails/fax not accepted) by the designated date below to ensure an athlete is able to particpate in tryouts.
Fall Sports 06/15/23 (before 12:00)
Winter Sports 10/20/23
Spring Sports 1/19/24
All Athletic Physicals are valid for 12 Months from the date they occurred and must be valid for the length of the whole sport season.
- If your physical will expire in the middle of the season, you must have a new physical done before tryouts.
Ex: If your physical was done in July 2022, you will need a new physical for the 2023-24 school year which will be good for the entire year. If you had your physical in January 2023, your physical is good only for the Fall 2023-24 sport season.
- If you are a new student (new to RBHS/PUSD), you can get your physical from your old school and turn it in (as long as it’s not expired or will expire during the sport season) you still must fill out and return the RBHS Paperwork to Play.
If you’re not sure whether you already had a physical or have other questions, please ask!
Athletic Assistant: Teresa Small firstname.lastname@example.org
. or (858) 485-4800 ext. 4508
Athletic Trainer: Robbie Bowers, ATC email@example.com
Insurance is required for all students trying out for sports.
For parents, here is the link to student athlete insurance, which includes the football option:
(Note- for football, the option will appear when the parent/guardian selects 9-12 grade levels).
Athletic Director: Tracy Stowe, firstname.lastname@example.org