Resources for Students
In the event of an emergency, call 911 or a hotline: San Diego County 24-hour crisis line 1-888-724-7240
Here are links to various resources that students and parents can use:
- https://www.mindtools.com/smpage.html Stressed out? Help can be found here.
- https://www.facetheissue.com You are not alone! Share your story, ask a doctor, information, and links--lots of good stuff here divided into categories: abuse, alcoholism, anorexia, self-injury, depression, bulimia, self-esteem, drugs
- http://www.SAVE.org/ Suicide Awareness Voices of Education: symptoms of depression, warning signs of suicide, common misconceptions and lots more.
- Cutting: https://www.recoveryourlife.com
- Eating Disorders: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
Student Services staff is available for confidential,
individual and/or group support. See Mrs. Struck in K-25 or call x5393 to schedule.
- Live Help 1-877-44U-QUIT
- ALA Lung Helpline 1-844-ALA-LUNG
- CA Smokers Helpline 1-800-NOBUTTS
- Mobile Apps: NCI Quit Pal
- Text: QUIT to iquit (47848)
- https://www.teen.smokefree.gov Online guides and Instant Messaging Help.
- http://www.quitnet.com/ Sign up for free and have a whole community of people to support you while you quit. Don't Quit Alone!
- Narcotics Anonymous: www.sandiegona.org Narcotics Anonymous can help you find the freedom to live your life without the use of drugs. Narcotics Anonymous is a fellowship or society of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem.
- Al-Anon & Alateen: www.alanonsandiego.org To help families and friends of alcoholics recover from the effects of living with the problem drinking of a relative or friend. Similarly, Alateen is the recovery program for young people.
- Nar-Anon: www.nar-anon.org The Nar-Anon Family Groups are a worldwide fellowship for those affected by someone else's addiction.
- Recovery.Org and Projectknow.com: https://www.recovery.org/browse/poway-ca/ and https://www.projectknow.com/find/rehab/poway-ca/ Information related to Drug and Alcohol Recovery Programs and Rehab Programs in Poway and nearby communities.
- Addiction Resources: https://addictionresource.com/ Drug Rehab and Addiction Recovery resources
- California Youth Crisis Line: 1-800-843-5200 Open 24/7 for ages 12-24. Calls are anonymous. For more information see