Parking at Poway High School
All students must have a valid parking permit for the current school year to park in any of the PHS student lots. Click here to review and complete the parking permit registration form. Both parent and student must review and consent.
Completion of the Start Smart Defensive Driving Class is mandatory prior to obtaining a parking permit. Click here to register for the Start Smart class.
If you have any questions, please call Mrs. Urmeneta at 858-748-0245 ext 5111.
- Completion of the Start Smart class is mandatory to be eligible for a parking permit, and will be verified before a permit is issued. Sessions are listed on the PHS website under the Students section, or you may register for the Start Smart class in the Admin building. Click here to register for the Start Smart class.
- A current driver’s license and the vehicle registration must be provided at the time of issuance.
- A parking permit can only be used by the person to whom it is issued, and only to the vehicle registered to the parking permit. Permits transferred to another vehicle are invalid and subject to citation.
- If your permitted vehicle is unavailable, you may pick-up a temporary permit for another vehicle from the Administration Office BEFORE parking on campus and the start of school.
- Reckless driving in any form is not tolerated and may result in immediate revocation of parking privileges and/or disciplinary action.
- Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA to retain a parking permit and maintain a good discipline and attendance record.
- STUDENTS MAY ONLY PARK IN DESIGNATED STUDENT PARKING LOTS. DO NOT PARK IN THE POWAY CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS LOT (PCPA). DO NOT PARK IN STAFF LOTS. DO NOT PARK IN VISITOR SPOTS OR ANY OTHER RESERVED SPOT AT ANY TIME OF THE DAY.
- Permits must be properly adhered to the inside, upper-left hand side of the windshield.
- Poway High School is not responsible for any damages incurred while parked on campus.
- Obtaining a parking permit does not guarantee a parking spot in the Poway High School designated lots. Construction projects and/or maintenance may require temporary parking limitations.
- The speed limit on campus is 5 mph. Violations of any of the rules listed above or stated in the parking rules can result in revocation of parking privileges, parking citations, having vehicle towed or other disciplinary action.