PHS Mission Statement
The Poway High School Community will ensure a safe, respectful, challenging learning environment that requires all students to meet high expectations and pursue their goals.
PHS Vision Statement
- Staff, students, and parents of the learning community will support, and have a personal connection to, the Poway High School Mission and Vision.
- Communication among staff, students and parents will be coordinated and clear, and will strengthen the connection between home and school.
- The school community will partner with the greater Poway Community and its businesses to promote interaction, and community members will have a supporting role on and off our campus.
- All members of the learning community will maintain a clean, safe and secure environment that requires respectful speech and behavior and instills pride in our school.
- All members of the learning community will give and receive common courtesy, inside and outside of classrooms, and for and among members of diverse groups.
- Staff will exemplify professionalism and model the speech and behavior expected of students.
- Students at all grade levels will meet or exceed academic standards and will demonstrate personal, social and career skills expected of all Poway High School graduates.
- Students will make connections between subject areas and the real world -- with staff assisting, and community partners providing opportunities for real-life experience.
- Staff will provide rigorous and relevant curriculum and daily lessons driven by academic standards and student performance.
- Teachers in all subject areas will support the basic skills of reading, speaking, writing, using technology and problem-solving in their curriculum.
- Staff will participate in professional development activities that result in measurable improvement in student learning.
- All students will graduate prepared for many options after high school.
- Students at all grade levels will set, and make progress towards, academic, personal, and future goals.
- Staff will assist students in goal-setting and achievement and help them to follow a plan for their future.