PHS Reading Group
Book Group FAQs:
- The purpose of the group is to read and discuss young adult literature. The first meeting will decide this year's theme, books, and future dates.
- The first meeting will be held Thursday 1/10/19 at 2:30-3:00 in the library.
- Book titles will be nominated by attendees.
- Any student is welcome to attend book group. If a student commits to attending the group, they may checkout one of the copies of the book for the entire month prior to the discussion.
- Treats will be provided at all meetings. Attendees should bring their lunch as well.
Previous Years' Discussed Titles:
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- Bordering Shadow by Mitchell Sturhann
- Extraction by Stephanie Diaz
- Maze Runner by James Dashner
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
- Unremembered by Jessica Brody
- Origin by Jessica Khoury
- Alienated by Melissa Landers
- Uncommon Strange by Lynn Evans
- Bog Child by Siobhan Dowd
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Septys
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway
- Tarnish by Katherine Longshore
- The Night She Disappeared by April Henry
- Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
PHS Library, 15500 Espola Rd, Poway, CA 92064 (858) 748-0245, ext. 5461
Questions or concerns?
Contact email@example.com Or fill out our Comments & Questions
PHS Library mission is to foster enthusiastic readers~critical thinkers~effective collaborators~productive users of technologies~ global citizens~ethical information users~lifelong learners