Summer Work Permits click here
Please remember that the office is closed during school breaks; work permit applications (B1-1 forms) cannot be processed when the office is closed. New work permit applications are due by 3:30pm the Wednesday before each extend school break. Applications turned in after 3:30pm on those Wednesdays will be processed when school resumes after the break.
Work permits are valid for the entire school year. If you have already submitted a work permit application for this school year, you do not need a new one unless you have been hired for a different job.
Contact Ms.Triebel if you have questions 858-484-1180 x3429
Or the Front Desk in the Admin. office 858-484-1180 x3010
Students may not work until the actual work permit has been issued
Approving Work Permits
Student attendance, discipline and course performance will be reviewed.
The minimum requirements are (all within the current school year):
- Minimum 2.0 GPA, both cumulative and current trimester
- No excessive tardies in any class
- No excessive absences in any class
- No excessive disciplinary action taken
- Not on Tier 2 for any reason
If the criteria is met, the work permit may be issued.
Steps To Obtaining A Work Permit
Work permits take 2 school days to process so plan accordingly!
- Complete the Work Permit Request Instructions and the first page of the (B1-1) Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor form
- Return these two completed forms to Mrs. Lyons at the Front Desk in the Admin office.
- Students must return to Front Desk to pick up the work permit!
- The student must sign the work permit; no one other than the student can pick up the work permit.
- The student will then take the work permit to their employer. Once the employer has the permit, the student may work.
Work Permit Revocation: The decision to revoke or deny a work permit will be decided by the Work Experience Adviser. If, at any point during the school year, the student no longer meets the minimum requirements as outlined above, the work permit may be revoked or in the case of a new Work Permit, it may be denied.
For table summaries of child labor law requirements and restrictions arranged by age, click here.
For information on entertainment work permits, click here.
PUSD District Work Permits webpage.