Work permits are valid for the entire school year. If you have already submitted a work permit application for the 2021-2022 school year, you do not need a new one unless you have been hired for a different job.
Students may not work until the actual work permit has been issued to the student from the MCHS front office.
Approving Work Permits
Student attendance, discipline and course performance will be reviewed.
The minimum requirements are (all within the current school year):
- Minimum 2.0 GPA, both cumulative and current trimester
- No excessive tardies in any class
- No excessive absences in any class
- No excessive disciplinary action taken
- Not on Tier 2 for any reason
If the criteria is met, the work permit may be issued.
Steps To Obtaining A Work Permit
- Complete the Work Permit Application (B1-1) Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor form.
- Email application to Mrs. Angelo in the Admin office.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for processing. Once processed, the permit will be in the front office for pick-up.
- The student must sign the work permit; no one other than the student can pick up the work permit.
- The student will then take the work permit to their employer. Once the employer has the permit, the student may work.
Work Permit Revocation: The decision to revoke or deny a work permit will be decided by the Work Experience Adviser. If, at any point during the school year, the student no longer meets the minimum requirements as outlined above, the work permit may be revoked or in the case of a new Work Permit, it may be denied.
For table summaries of child labor law requirements and restrictions arranged by age, click here.
For information on entertainment work permits, click here.
PUSD District Work Permits webpage.