Thank you for your dedication and diligence in the work you do for our students. Thank you to our volunteers for the time and energy you contribute to the students and staff at Mt. Carmel High School. Here are a few things for volunteers to keep in mind.
When you come to volunteer, please Sign In and Sign Out: All volunteers at school are required to sign in at the office and put on a name tag each day you are on campus to volunteer. This helps us to identify people on our campus and helps keeps our students safe.
To volunteer, please complete the COVID-19 vaccination link below, complete the Megan's Law Background Check form, provide a current TB test (valid for 4 years from the Read Date), the Code of Conduct form, and the Code of Confidentiality form. Bring all requested documents to the front office. Your Megan's Law form will be submitted for processing. Once all documents have been processed, you will be ready to begin volunteering.
Submit COVID-19 Vaccine Information HERE
California Department of Public Health (CDPH) School Opening Guidance 2021-2022
The California Department of Public Health has provided updated guidance for the opening of schools in the 2021-2022 year. Staff reported the updated mitigation requirements to the Board, which include:
• All school workers (including staff and volunteers) are required to show proof of vaccination or submit to weekly COVID-19 testing
• All students and adults are required to wear masks indoors in a K-12 setting, regardless of vaccination status
• Masks are optional for all when outdoors in a K-12 setting
• Schools do not have the discretion or authority to change this mask mandate, and must enforce the requirement (ref. Health and Safety Codes 120125, 120140, 120175, 120195, 131080)
Volunteers need to have a current TB test (valid for 4 years from the Read Date). Please provide a copy of your most recent TB test to the front office.
We wanted to notify you of a change in the required tuberculosis testing for school volunteers effective July 1, 2017. Due to new regulations from both the state and county, PUSD nurses will no longer be providing TB clearance. If you are due for your screening (once every four years), we are hoping this advance notification will give you ample time over the summer to comply, before the start of the new school year. The law requires that TB clearance be completed by a licensed health care provider. The provider will determine if risk factors exist and provide a TB test, if needed. Here are a few nearby resources where you can obtain TB clearance. There may be a fee or co-pay involved at some locations:
• Your primary health care provider
• CVS Minute Clinic, 16773 Bernardo Center Dr., Rancho Bernardo, CA 92128 or,
• CVS Minute Clinic, 12358 Poway Rd., Poway, CA 92064
• Neighborhood Health Clinic, 460 N. Elm St., Escondido, CA 92025, 760-520-8100, Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 1:00-4:00, Wednesday: 2:30-4:00
• Public Health Center, 649 West Mission Ave, Suite 2, Escondido, CA 92025, 619- 692-5565
Proof of TB clearance is mandated for volunteers working in public schools. Please submit written TB clearance signed by your health care provider to your school site. Again, thank you for your understanding and cooperation. And with your help, we look forward to another successful school year.
Please review the TB Clinic Schedule and if you have further questions about the TB Clinic please call Health Services at (858) 521-2812.
Megan's Law Background Check
Megan's Law Background Check Form
Each volunteer must have a current Megan’s Law Background Check on file with the specific school site office. Volunteers need only fill out one Megan's Law form and cleared once with the schools listed. You do not need to fill out a new form for each school year. If you have volunteered at another school in PUSD, and wish to make a school site change -- please notify the office and fill out the Transfer Request for Megan's Law.
Megan's Law Transfer Request Form
Volunteer Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct Form
Volunteers must have a Volunteer Code of Conduct form signed and on file at each school site they volunteer at each year.
Volunteer Code of Confidentiality
Code of Confidentality Form
Volunteers must have a Volunteer Code of Confidentiality signed and on file at each school site they volunteer at each year.