Mt. Carmel Athletics
THE SUNDEVIL WAY
#1 - Engage in positive relationships between student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
#2 - Engage in experiences that allow for student-athletes to develop and
demonstrate leadership qualities/skills.
#3 - Engage in learning and skill development that supports all student-athletes in fulfilling their potential.
Each of our head coaches will lead their team of student-athletes, assistant coaches, and parents towards reaching these goals. As a start, each of our head coaches is in the process of creating a purpose statement to be shared with their team. As our coaches start to publish their statements, check back to our "Coaches" page to read why they coach!
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3109
Athletic Director's Letter
"I LEAD to promote education-based athletics as a human development experience by connecting young people with well supported adults who are motivated to have a positive impact on their athletes' lives."
Athletic Trainer, Diane Lawrance
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3154
"I am an athletic trainer to serve student-athletes both on and off the field, to motivate athletes to be proactive in regards to their overall health, and to demonstrate that through hard work, dedication, and perseverance they can overcome any obstacle."
AD's Assistant, Emily Comstock
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3110
2019-2020 SPRING SPORTS
- The Ticket to Play packet deadline for Spring is Friday, January 31. A completed packet with valid sports physical must be on file with the Athletics department in order to try out or participate in any sport. Download a packet here or stop by the Athletics desk for a hard copy.
- Softball - If you missed the interest meeting, please stop by the Athletics desk in Administration to pick up a schedule of important dates and player info form. Tryouts begin on Saturday, February 8. For more information, please contact Coach Cole at email@example.com
- Boys' Tennis - Tryouts will begin Monday, February 3 at 3 p.m. on the MCHS courts. For more information, please contact Coach Wrage at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys' Lacrosse - Tryouts will be held Saturday, Feb. 15 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and Monday, Feb. 17 from 6:30-9 p.m. in the stadium. For more information, please contact Coach Dasch at email@example.com
- Girls' Lacrosse - There will be an informational meeting at lunch in Room R-27 on Wednesday, Jan. 29. Tryouts will begin Saturday, February 15 from 7-9 a.m. in the stadium. For more information, please contact Coach Minneci at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys' Golf - Tryout dates and info TBA
- Track & Field - There will be an informational meeting on Thursday, Jan. 16 at 2:45 p.m. on the MCHS track. For more information, please contact Coach Forehand at email@example.com
- Boys' Volleyball - There will be an informational meeting on Thursday, Jan. 23 at lunch (location TBA). Tryouts will begin Saturday, Feb. 8 from 7-9 p.m. in the MCHS gym. For more information, please contact Coach Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tryout dates and information for additional spring sports coming soon!
FARMER'S INSURANCE OPEN GOLF TOURNAMENT
- We have tickets available for purchase for the Farmer's Insurance Golf Tournament at Torrey Pines. Cost is $35 per ticket and are valid for any one day of the tournament (Jan. 22-26). $25 from each ticket benefits the MCHS Golf program. For more information, please contact the Athletic Dept. at 858-484-1180 x3110 or email email@example.com
- Save the date! We will be hosting on-site physicals for all athletes in all sports for the '20-21 school year on Tuesday, May 19 at 6 p.m. More information coming soon!
- If you are eligible for a MCAF Scholar Athlete patch or pin (earned a 3.75+ GPA and lettered in one or more Varsity sports in the 2018-2019 school year), please see Mrs. Comstock in Athletics (front office) to pick up.