Mt. Carmel Athletics
At 7 p.m. on Wednesday, March 3 and Thursday, March 4, Athletic Director Greg Lanthier will be hosting an informational Zoom meeting regarding sports at Mt. Carmel. To receive a meeting link, please fill out a sign up form below. We ask that you please RSVP for only one of the meetings. Zoom limits us to 300 attendees and we will be covering the same information at both meetings. A Zoom link will be emailed out on the day of the meeting.
Click here to sign up for Wednesday, March 3 meeting
Click here to sign up for Thursday, March 4 meeting
Please check our "Athletic News" section below for important information. We are updating this frequently to keep athletes and families informed. Coaches and Foundation representatives will also share pertinent information when available.
THE SUNDEVIL WAY
#1 - Engage in positive relationships between student-athletes, coaches, and parents.
#2 - Engage in experiences that allow for student-athletes to develop and
demonstrate leadership qualities/skills.
#3 - Engage in learning and skill development that supports all student-athletes in fulfilling their potential.
Each of our head coaches will lead their team of student-athletes, assistant coaches, and parents towards reaching these goals. As a start, each of our head coaches is in the process of creating a purpose statement to be shared with their team. As our coaches start to publish their statements, check back to our "Coaches" page to read why they coach!
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3109
Athletic Director's Letter
"I LEAD exhibiting work ethic, commitment, empathy, and integrity to promote education-based athletics as a human development experience by connecting young people with well supported adults who are motivated to have a positive impact on their athletes' lives."
Athletic Trainer, Diane Lawrance
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3154
Athletic Trainer's Webpage
"I am an athletic trainer to serve student-athletes both on and off the field, to motivate athletes to be proactive in regards to their overall health, and to demonstrate that through hard work, dedication, and perseverance they can overcome any obstacle."
AD's Assistant, Emily Comstock
(858) 484-1180 ext. 3110
GIRLS' LACROSSE UPDATE
Girls' Lacrosse will have an interest meeting (players only) via Zoom on February 22 at 6 p.m. For meeting login info or questions, please contact Coach Christina Minneci at email@example.com
Tryouts are scheduled for March 13 & 15, time TBA.
BOYS' SOCCER UPDATE
Boys' Soccer will have a brief meeting for registration, paperwork, and a light workout on Monday, March 1st in the Stadium. Returning Varsity players and all Juniors and Seniors report at 3 p.m. Freshmen and Sophomores report at 3:30 p.m. Each session will last about 1 hour. We will also meet on Thursday, March 4 from 5-7 pm in the Stadium. Bring cleats and running shoes. Please email Coach Green at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
UPDATED 1/20/21 - TICKET TO PLAY REQUIRED FOR ALL ATHLETES PARTICIPATING IN ON-CAMPUS WORKOUTS
Beginning January 25 when workouts on campus may resume, an electronic Ticket to Play is required for an athlete to participate, regardless of whether his/her sport is "in season." No exceptions. If your student has not yet completed a Ticket to Play in DragonFly MAX or still has an incomplete profile, he/she cannot participate until he/she has a DragonFly MAX profile that says 100% or READY in a green circle on their dashboard.
- If you completed an online Ticket to Play, please log in to DragonFly to ensure your electronic paperwork has been approved. If your athlete's profile is not at 100%, he/she is not yet cleared to try out. Some athletes do not have all forms completed and others have forms that we have "rejected" due to missing or incorrect information. If any form has been rejected, you will see a note explaining what is still needed.
- Please make note of your athlete's physical expiration date. Physicals are valid for ONE YEAR from the date of the exam. If your athlete has an expired physical, he/she will not be allowed to participate and will be required to sit out until an updated physical has been uploaded or turned in to the Athletic department.
- More information on Ticket to Play can be found by clicking here.
- For questions regarding your athlete's Ticket to Play, please contact Emily Comstock at email@example.com
COVID-19 - ATHLETIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES & CDC INFORMATION
ONCE A SUNDEVIL, ALWAYS A SUNDEVIL...
We extend our condolences to the family of former MCHS Head Swim Coach, Chesni Dixon-Meske, who passed away in November. Read her obituary here.
VIRTUAL END-OF-YEAR BANQUET
- Since we didn't get to host the annual end-of-year Athletics banquet to honor our student-athletes, we hope you enjoy this "virtual banquet" featuring highlights from the 2019-20 school year. Please click here to view the video.
- If you are eligible for a MCAF Scholar Athlete patch or pin (earned a 3.75+ GPA and lettered in one or more Varsity sports in the 2018-2019 or 2019-2020 school year), please see Mrs. Comstock in Athletics (front office) to pick up when campus reopens.