11th grade College Readiness Checklist
- View A-G courses: www.ucop.edu/doorways.
- Continue College and career investigation, focusing on what is most important to you, using the web and these resources: Naviance, and www.collegeboard.com, College Research - Creating Your College List
- A+ schools for B students
- Refine Goals set last year on Naviance
- Update your Resume on Naviance
- Review "Career Interest Profiler" on Naviance
- Begin to narrow down your choices and List "Colleges I'm Thinking About" on Naviance.
- Calculate your chances of being accepted; compare your student profile to those attending colleges of your choice on Naviance "Scattergrams" or www.collegedata.com
- Participate in extracurricular activities that match your interests (athletics, drama, choir, clubs, service etc.).
- Focus and enhance your community service, strive to be a positive standout, Intern.
- Take challenging courses and continue to work hard. This is your most crucial academic year; keep up the hard work!
- The PSAT happens in October. Sign up at Registration in August!
- Consider SAT Prep Class (powayadultschool.com, Kaplan, Princeton Review, Elite, palomar.edu/venture etc).
- Take SAT/ACT in spring. Register for SAT on www.collegeboard.org, ACT on www.ACT.org.
- Attend College Speaker Visits in the Suncenter. View list and sign up on Naviance.
- Visit colleges - Ten things to do on a campus visit
- Explore Military options
Naviance College and Family Connection
NAVIANCE is a website designed to help students and parents plan for college. The most up to date list of college visits is posted on this website, as well as scholarship opportunities, and letter of recommendation info.
National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator
This site provides great info on cost, financial aid offered