Join the Sundevil Athletics team!
HEAD COACH - GIRLS' LACROSSE
Job Summary: The head coach is responsible for planning, directing and leading an education based athletic program that seeks to develop athletes of empathy and integrity.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Must meet the head coaching requirements of the Cal State High School League and/or the State Department of Education.
2. Attend a ‘Why We Play’ seminar/coaches training
3. Experience coaching in an Education Based athletic program required.
. 4. Certified teacher preferred
5. Playing and/or coaching experience preferred.
REPORTS TO: High School Activities Director
JOB GOALS: To accept the responsibility of the program and work with the students/athletes in the sport assigned and to provide life lessons that will positively impact the physical, social and emotional well being of all who are involved.
TRAITS OF AN EFFECTIVE COACH:
Demonstrates a high degree of empathy, positivity, trust, responsibility, discipline & flexibility. Is a developer, teacher, achiever and problem solver.
1. Accept and implement the co-curricular philosophy of Mt. Carmel High School.
2. Follows the rules and regulations of the school, the conference and the Cal State High School League.
3. Attend the rules interpretation meeting held by the Cal State High School League.
4. Maintain a membership in the appropriate coaches association and participate so that our school has representation.
5. Attend clinics, seminars and in-service programs in order to improve coaching skills and to stay current with new trends in coaching, training, conditioning and safety procedures.
6. Attend school, conference and section coaches meetings.
7. Give input about and then carry out the interscholastic schedule as drawn up by the Activities Director.
8. Organize, schedule and supervise practice sessions.
9. Submit and verify transportation requests for scrimmages, practices and events.
10. Supervise the use of equipment in your sport.
11. Assist the equipment manager with the development of a written annual inventory and make recommendations for purchases to the Activities Director.
12. Assists the equipment manager with the distribution and collection of equipment and supplies.
13. Regularly inspect equipment and facilities to insure the safety of each student athlete.
14. Responsible for reporting scores and disseminating team information for publicity.
15. Participate in pre and post season meetings with the Activities Director. The post-season meeting will serve as an evaluation conference.
16. Delegate responsibility to the assistant coaches as appropriate.
17. Organize and participate in an end of the season information and evaluation sessions with all assistant coaches.
18. Work to develop continuity between the community and school programs.
19. Provide leadership in his or her program for all levels (9th, 10th, JV and Varsity) of the sport.
20. Only allows athletes certified by the Activities Office to participate.
21. Maintains appropriate supervision of his/her program at all times (locker rooms, practices, events, bus rides, etc.). Supervises any and all space used by athletes while they are present.
22. Assures that the squad at all times will reflect proper attitude and conduct at home or away.
23. Encourages young men and women to participate in sports and other co-curricular activities other than his/her own but does not attempt to influence the specific sport or activity.
24. Establish and use a system of communication to athletes and parents that will include explanation of program policies, awards, procedures, goals and schedules.
25. Has responsibility for the end of season awards programs.
26. Represent the school in a professional manner in demeanor, language, and conduct (based on standards established by the Activities Director).
27. Develop and maintain current knowledge of the activity being coached.
28. All other duties as assigned by the Activities Director.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation and duration of the assignment as negotiated
EVALUATION: Performance of the job will be evaluated annually
EVALUATION COORDINATOR: Activities director
EVALUATORS: High School Principal and Activities Director
REVIEWED & BOARD APPROVED
We are currently seeking a head JV coach for our Softball program. For more information, please contact Varsity Softball head coach, Ron Cole, at email@example.com
Our Swim & Dive program is currently hiring coaches for all levels. For more information, please contact Varsity head coach, Bryanna Burns, at firstname.lastname@example.org