11th grade College Readiness Checklist
- View A-G courses: www.ucop.edu/doorways.
- Continue College and career investigation on Xello focusing on what is most important to you, using the web and these resources:
- A+ schools for B students
- Calculate your chances of being accepted; compare your student profile to those attending colleges of your choice www.collegedata.com
- Participate in extracurricular activities that match your interests (athletics, drama, choir, clubs, service etc.).
- Focus and enhance your community service, strive to be a positive standout, Intern.
- Take challenging courses and continue to work hard. This is your most crucial academic year; keep up the hard work!
- Take the PSAT
- Consider SAT Prep Class (powayadultschool.com, Kaplan, Princeton Review, Elite, palomar.edu/venture etc).
- Take SAT/ACT in spring. Register for SAT on www.collegeboard.org, ACT on www.ACT.org.
- Visit colleges - Ten things to do on a campus visit
- Explore Military options
National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator
This site provides great info on cost, financial aid offered