DNHS is proud to offer a variety of student led clubs.
For a list of DNHS approved clubs, please click here for a list of DNHS Clubs (updated 9/12/19)
2019/20 School Year
The first club rush of the school year will occur during lunch on September 10th, 13th, 17th, and 24th. Different clubs will be present each day. Come out to the quad to learn about our various club opportunities.
*Clubs wishing to participate in club rush
: Please click here
to sign up for your preferred day.
Del Norte Principal's Cabinet Application
ONLY FILL OUT IF YOU ARE A JUNIOR. If you are not a junior, we would love to see you apply next year! The Del Norte Principal's Cabinet's goal is to establish a relationship between admin and students and improve communications between the two groups. Please fill out all the questions in depth and with as much thought as possible. We would love to get to know who you are and how you can reinforce Del Norte's signature theme of Homecourt Advantage. Please keep in mind we are only taking four applicants at this moment and are looking for a very diverse group of students. Applications will be reviewed by a group of 3-7 senior executives. We will notify you if you got the position or not the week of September 9th-13th. If you do not get in this year, we would love to have you apply again next year. If you are interested, please click here
DUE SEPTEMBER 3, 2019!!!!
Existing DNHS clubs need to submit the following completed forms to the ASB room on or before September 3, 2019. Click on the links below to access the appropriate paperwork.
- Club Renewal Application – ALL clubs who wish to remain active in the 2019/20 school year, will need to complete this form.
- Request to Carry Over Funds – Clubs are required by law to spend at least 80% of their earnings during that same school year. There may be times, however, that clubs will need to carry over more than 20% of the previous year’s earnings. Clubs with this circumstance will need to complete this form.
Club Remind for 2019/20
: Please join by clicking https://www.remind.com/join/delnortecl
or by texting @delnortecl to 81010. If you wish to join by email, instructions are attatched.
Please email email@example.com
2019/20 Club Rush:
September 10th, 13th, 17th, and 24th
January 14th, 17th, 21st, and 24th
2019/20 All Club Meeting Dates:
*Please plan to send a club representative to the following meetings lunch meetings in the DNHS gym.
Mandatory club binder checks will occur around January, 2020. Exact dates will be announced.
- August 27, 2019
- December 3, 2019
- May 26, 2020
Club Policies & Procedures:
- A copy of the PUSD Club Handbook.
- For additional information on creating a club constitution.
Club Activity Request Form
- Club Activities - or see Mrs. Smith in the Nighthawk Center for a copy of the Activity Request Form.
– Please refer to the Fundraising/Drives link under ASB. A Fundraising Application must be submitted for all fundraisers benefiting DNHS student groups. There are laws and regulations surrounding fundraising activities, and this procedure protects our students and clubs.
Cash Box Request form
- Please submit the Cash Box request form (located here
) 48 hours in advance to the Finance Office. The form has to be signed by the Club Advisor and the Club President/Treasurer.
– All advertisements (i.e. flyers or posters for fundraiser events and club meetings) must be approved through ASB before being posted on campus. Please remember to take down all club advertisements after the completion of the event.
– Money earned/collected is deposited into the club’s account through the finance office. A completed deposit form must be turned in at the time of deposit. Click here for a copy of the deposit form
– Clubs can spend the money they have earned by requesting a purchase order through the finance office. Click here for a copy of the purchase form
For a purchase/reimbursement, meeting minutes must include:
- A motion to spend the money
- The name of the student who made the motion
- The name of the student who seconded the motion
- Who many votes were for the motion, abstention, and whether the motion was carried (approved).
– Meeting minutes must be taken at each meeting and put in your club folder. They are proof to an auditor that the club is active and exists. They want to know students are making the decisions. Club minutes must reflect all student expenditures. (Click here for a copy of a club meeting minutes form
. You can use this one or your own, as long as the information contained is consistent.)
Meeting minutes must include:
- Name of the club holding the meeting and date, time and place of the meeting
- Names of those who attend
- What was discussed during the meeting
- What action was taken during the meeting
- The results of any votes taken, including who made a motion and who seconded the motion
- Who prepared the minutes