DNHS is proud to offer a variety of student led clubs.
For a list of DNHS approved clubs, please click here for a list of DNHS Clubs (updated 6/16/20).
*An updated list will be posted shortly after the club renewal deadline, 9/29/20.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Clubs can request to have information shared on the DNHS ASB social media accounts by completing the form linked here.
***Please note that at this time, all club meetings and activities must be virtual.
Club Guidelines During Virtual Learning:
All clubs must still follow the guidelines set forth in the PUSD Club Handbook. All clubs must go through the traditional approval process, including completing a club application or club renewal form (see details below). Clubs must continue to keep records of their meetings by taking meeting minutes with attendance.
Meetings and Club Events: As always, a club advisor must be present at all official club meetings and events. This includes all virtual meetings and events. While participating in club meetings or activities all school rules apply. The club advisor must be responsible for setting up the zoom meeting link and sending it out to club members only.
Fundraising: Clubs still must complete and submit a fundraising request form and gain approval before a fundraiser can occur.
Fall Club Dates
2020/21 School Year:
Due September 29, 2020
- All club virtual meeting: Thursday, September 17, 3pm
- A copy of the presentation can be found here.
- Club Rush: October 7th-9th
Existing DNHS Clubs need ot submit the following completed forms (scan or picture) to email@example.com no later than Tuesday September 29, 2020. If the club advisor is not able to physically sign this form, please have them email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating that they agree to serve as the club’s advisor and have read and agree to all portions of the form. Please make sure the club name is included in the email. Click on the links below to access the appropriate paperwork.
Club Renewal Application
- ALL clubs who wish to remain active in the 2020/21 school year will need to complete this form.
Request to Carry Over Funds
- Clubs are required by law to apend at least 80% of their earnings during that same school year. There may be times, however, that clubs will need to carry over more than 20% of the previous year's earnings. Clubs with this circumstance will need to complete this form.
Club Policies & Procedures:
- A copy of the PUSD Club Handbook.
- For additional information on creating a club constitution.
Club Activity Request Form
- Club Activities - or see Mrs. Smith in the Nighthawk Center for a copy of the Activity Request Form.
– Please refer to the Fundraising/Drives link under ASB. A Fundraising Application must be submitted for all fundraisers benefiting DNHS student groups. There are laws and regulations surrounding fundraising activities, and this procedure protects our students and clubs.
Cash Box Request form
- Please submit the Cash Box request form (located here
) 48 hours in advance to the Finance Office. The form has to be signed by the Club Advisor and the Club President/Treasurer.
– All advertisements (i.e. flyers or posters for fundraiser events and club meetings) must be approved through ASB before being posted on campus. Please remember to take down all club advertisements after the completion of the event.
– Money earned/collected is deposited into the club’s account through the finance office. A completed deposit form must be turned in at the time of deposit. Click here for a copy of the deposit form
– Clubs can spend the money they have earned by requesting a purchase order through the finance office. Click here for a copy of the purchase form
For a purchase/reimbursement, meeting minutes must include:
- A motion to spend the money
- The name of the student who made the motion
- The name of the student who seconded the motion
- Who many votes were for the motion, abstention, and whether the motion was carried (approved).
– Meeting minutes must be taken at each meeting and put in your club folder. They are proof to an auditor that the club is active and exists. They want to know students are making the decisions. Club minutes must reflect all student expenditures. (Click here for a copy of a club meeting minutes form
. You can use this one or your own, as long as the information contained is consistent.)
Meeting minutes must include:
- Name of the club holding the meeting and date, time and place of the meeting
- Names of those who attend
- What was discussed during the meeting
- What action was taken during the meeting
- The results of any votes taken, including who made a motion and who seconded the motion
- Who prepared the minutes