The mission of the PTA is threefold:
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children; and
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
The Purposes of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community, and place of worship;
- To raise standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
: National PTA Annual Resources 2002-2003 Handbook and Bylaws
Mission Statement of the California State PTA
The mission of the California State PTA is to represent our members and to empower and support them with skills in advocacy, leadership and communications to positively impact the lives of all children.
PTSA – Together We Make a Difference!