Del Norte Counseling
DNHS CEEB School code: 054351
Del Norte High School
Student Services / Peer Counseling
Michelle Hinds, Student Services Specialist
Located in G118
858-487-0877 Ext. 6149 or 6191
Student support is available on campus daily. Student Services staff is available for confidential, individual and/or group support. Call or email Ms. Hinds or stop by G118 to schedule an appointment.
Student Services is open to all Nighthawks Monday-Friday during student break and lunch. It is currently closed during VOVID-19 school closure.
Services offered include the following:
- Daily social/emotional support for students. When you are feeling anxious, overwhelmed, stressed out, or just need to talk, we are here for you.
- Crisis Intervention and Conflict Mediation- We are available to work with students having conflicts with others (peers, parents, teachers, etc.).
- Drug, alcohol, and tobacco intervention and/or education for students.
- Spirit Wear/Prom & Homecoming Dress/Graduation Regalia (Cap & Gown) collection and distribution.
- Adopt-A-Family Coordinator in conjunction with teachers, families & community to assist families who are struggling financially.
- Connection to community organizations, government agencies and individual volunteers to help provide basic assistance to families in need.
Trans Family Support Services will host a virtual support group each Tuesday at 6:30pm for High School students (up to age 21) during campus closures. For more information on how to join, please contact Ms. Hinds with DN Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
or your DN counselor.
Student Services supplies are 100% funded/provided by private donations. Donations are always welcome! We have an ongoing need for healthy, individually wrapped snacks, spirit wear and school supplies. If you are interested in helping our students please contact Ms. Hinds.