The Counseling Department uses an Internet-based program called Naviance as a means of communication and planning with students and parents. Naviance is a comprehensive college and career readiness solution for students that help connect academic achievement with post-secondary goals.
Naviance provides the following services:
VIRTUAL NAVIANCE PARENT INFORMATION SESSION
- College Search assessments and links to specific college information.
- Career assessments
- College representative high school visitation schedule
- E-mail messages and newsletters from the Counseling department
- Enrichment programs and summer opportunities
- Extensive scholarship database
- Occupational search/internship opportunities
- Acceptance/Attendance historical data, scattergrams and college compare.
- And so much more!
Counseling will be hosting a virtual parent information session on Wednesday March 16, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. This is a general overview of what Naviance offers and will not be recorded. This session is gear toward 11th
grade families who have rising seniors.
Join Zoom Meeting
SUMMER ENRICHMENT OPPORTUNITIES
There are many summer enrichment programs available at university and college campuses around the world. On Naviance students can find a list of some programs available this summer. Log onto Naviance, click on the Colleges tab, click on Enrichment Programs.
How to Sign into Naviance or Reset your Password:
must have a current email on file in Synergy to access Naviance. If registering for the first time
, please contact the Counseling Department and a temporary password will be sent to your email. Parents, your User ID will be your current email that is on file with the school. If you need to reset your password, please click on the "Forgot your password" link and a temporary password will be sent to you. You will be prompted to set the password to the minimum requirements outlined below.
Please email Mrs. Reich, firstname.lastname@example.org
, to set up your account.
If you are registering for the first time
, please send an email to your counselor or Mrs. Reich, email@example.com
, to set up your account. You must have a current email, (not
@stu.powayusd.com) to set up and utilize Naviance.
If you have a current email
in Naviance, click on the "Forgot your password" link and a temporary password will be sent to your email to update your password, if it does not meet the minimum requirements outlined below. If your password already meets the minimum password requirements as outlined below, then use your email and password to log in as usual.
If you have previously accessed your account and need to reset your password, click on the "Forgot your password" link, enter your email and a temporary password to reset will be sent to your email.
Password requirements are as follows:
- Passwords must be at least 10 characters in length.
- The user name may not be part of the password.
- Passwords may not include more than 2 identical characters in a row.
- Commonly used passwords, simple patterns, and common names will not be accepted.
- Passwords must always be kept private and stored securely.
Note: The DNHS Counseling Department does not have the ability to preset passwords.
Parent Naviance Training Workshops are offered periodically throughout the school year. Check the weekly Del Norte Counseling news for dates.