Del Norte Counseling
DNHS CEEB School code: 054351
Career and College Exploration
The Counseling Department uses an Internet-based program called Naviance as a means of communication and planning with students and parents. Naviance is a comprehensive college and career readiness solution for students that help connect academic achievement with post-secondary goals.
Naviance provides the following services:
SUMMER ENRICHMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- College Search assessments and links to specific college information.
- Career assessments
- College representative high school visitation schedule
- E-mail messages and newsletters from the Counseling department
- Enrichment programs and summer opportunities
- Extensive scholarship database
- Occupational search/internship opportunities
- Acceptance/Attendance historical data, scattergrams and college compare.
- And so much more!
There are many summer enrichment programs available at university and college campuses around the world. On Naviance students can find a list of some programs available this summer. Log onto Naviance, click on the Colleges tab, click on Enrichment Programs.
How to Sign into Naviance or Reset your Password:
Parents must have a current email on file in Synergy to access Naviance. If registering for the first time, please contact the Counseling Department and a temporary password will be sent to your email. Parents, your User ID will be your current email that is on file with the school. If you need to reset your password, please click on the "Forgot your password" link and a temporary password will be sent to you. You will be prompted to set the password to the minimum requirements outlined below.
Please email either Mrs. Riech, firstname.lastname@example.org
or Mrs. Stone, email@example.com
to set up your account.
Students, if you have a current email in Naviance, click on the "Forgot your password" link and a temporary password will be sent to your email to update your password, if it does not meet the minimum requirements outlined below. If your password already meets the minimum password requirements as outlined below, then use your email and password to log in as usual. If you do not have a current email in Naviance, please email your counselor, Mrs. Reich or Mrs. Stone to set up your account.
If you have previously accessed your account and need to reset your password, click on the "Forgot your password" link, enter your email and a temporary password to reset will be sent to your email.
Note: Current Naviance Users: As of December 16th, 2019 students and parents will need to reset their passwords, if not previously done so to meet updated password requirements:
Password requirements are as follows:
- Passwords must be at least 10 characters in length.
- The user name may not be part of the password.
- Passwords may not include more than 2 identical characters in a row.
- Commonly used passwords, simple patterns, and common names will not be accepted.
- Passwords must always be kept private and stored securely.
Note: The DNHS Counseling Department does not have the ability to preset passwords.
Parent Naviance Training Workshops are offered periodically throughout the school year. Check the weekly Del Norte Counseling news for dates.