Del Norte Counseling
DNHS CEEB School code: 054351
2022-23 COURSE REQUEST PROCESS
(Students who will be in 10th-12th grade in 2022-23)
Welcome to 2022-23 CRF season! Please find instructions
, CRF forms
(for the grade you will be in next school year 2022-23), and resources
CRF Parent Drop-In Sessions (Session #1 February 17th, 2:00-4:30 p.m.), (Session #2 February 28th, 2:00-4:30 p.m.), (Session #3 March 1st, 2:00-4:30 p.m.)
- ZOOM LINK CLICK HERE
(Meeting ID: 992 8224 5651 Passcode: 587758)
Student Responsibilities & Deadlines:
: Read CRF instructions handout below with parent/guardian. Complete CRF form, including student and parent/guardian signatures.
: Between 2/18 - 3/11
students must enter all 15 courses, plus alternates, onto Synergy StudentVue/Course Request.
: Due on March 11th
to homeroom teacher - CRF form, and a signed AP Contract if selecting an AP course. 12th grade students selecting a double off roll, the permission form below is required to be submitted with your CRF.
an unoffical copy will be given to students when they receive their CRF in class (Feb 3 - 10).
Parent CRF Q&A Drop-Ins:
- CRF Instructions: Please read
- CRF Packet/resources:
- AP Information meetings: these will be held virtually during student lunch: Feb. 9 - 17th. If considering one or more AP courses, plan to attend via zoom. AP teachers will discuss course content and expectations. ZOOM LINKS HERE
- Electives Fair: March 1st in quad during lunch. Additionally, our electives teachers created videos and informational flyers which are posted on our Course Offerings webpage.
- *Classroom CRF Presentations: 10th CRF 11th CRF 12th CRF
(for current 9th - 11th DNHS families only):
If you have questions regarding your child's course selection please attend one of the following Parent Q&A Drop-In's via zoom. Parent/guardian will remain in a zoom waiting room until it is their turn to have a brief meeting with one of the counselors. You can arrive anytime within the window of time on any date.
Wednesday Feb 17th, 2:00 - 4:30 pm, ZOOM LINK CLICK HERE
(Meeting ID: 992 8224 5651 Passcode: 587758)
Monday Feb. 28th, 2:00 - 4:30 pm, zoom link will be posted by this date
Tuesday March 1st, 2:00 - 4:30 pm, zoom link will be posted by this date
Students can see their counselor: during break or lunch any day of the week throughout the school year, no appointment needed. Counselors will be at tables outside of the Nighthawk Center (NHC) during lunch Feb 9 - 17.
Mrs. Susie Kihneman (A-Cha)
Mrs. Lauren Collier (Chb-Gi): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Tim Roty (Gj-Kh): email@example.com
Mrs. Lauren Kennedy (Ki-Mc): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Jesse Luna (Md-Raj): email@example.com
Mrs. Karen Withem (Rak-Tam): firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Kathleen Marron (Tan-Z): email@example.com
*CRF Classroom Vists:
Counselors presented CRF information in classrooms the first two weeks of February, providing resources and guidance for student's 2022-23 course selection. 9th/ENS 2 on 02/03, 10th/Social Science on 02/07, 11th/English on 02/04.
Presentations provided on the dates/periods below for students without ENS/9th, Social Science/10th, and English/11th in trimester 2. (Connected message sent to parents sent on 2/07 & 2/08.)
Please attend one of the periods on a day that you do not
have a quiz, test, or presentation. Go directly to the PAC at the start of the period you will be attending. Counseling will clear your attendance.
or Thurs/Feb. 10th
1, 3, or 5
Performing Art Center (PAC)
Naviance career & college research/Counselor CRF Audits
- At the end of March/early April the counseling team will be working with 9th, 10th and 11th grade students. Counselors will meet one-on-one with students to review their transcript and course selection for next year, discuss progress with gradudation and college admissions requirements, and answer students questions. Guidance technicians will work with the students on Naviance, a career & college research tool.
Coming from Outside PUSD?
Your first step is to check your address to ensure you live within Del Norte's boundaries. Click here to check
. For more information, please email Sue Reich, firstname.lastname@example.org
or Julie Islitzer, email@example.com.
You will need the following documents:
Note: If you reside in an area outside the Del Norte High School boundaries or in a school district outside PUSD, you must first contact PUSD regarding the process and procedure.
- Student Birth Certificate or Passport
- Student Immunizations
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Proof of Residency
- Please also review all the CRF information so you can be prepared with any questions