Del Norte Counseling
DNHS CEEB School code: 054351
CA State Seal of Biliteracy
PUSD has adopted the California State Seal of Biliteracy (SSB) to be awarded to our high school seniors. The SSB provides recognition to high school students who are fluent in two or more languages. In order for students to be considered candidates for the SSB, they must meet the criteria outlined below. Once the criteria have been met, the SSB insignia will be placed on the student's diploma, and noted on their final high school transcript.
- Completion of four years of English coursework with an average GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- SBAC/ELA in 11th grade - Standard Met or Standard Exceeded
- Demonstrate proficiency in an additional language through ONE of the following:
- a. AP World Language exam score of 3 or higher, or
- b. SAT II Subject test for an additional language with a score of 600 or higher, or
- c. Complete a four-year high school course of study in a world language with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in that course of study AND complete the PUSD Oral Language Proficiency Verification form. Years of language taken in middle school do not count.
- If you are currently identified as an ELL student, you must have attained an overall scale score of 1558 or higher on your most recent ELPAC test.
It is the student's responsibility to apply for SSB by submitting required paperwork by April 1st of your senior year.
If you have questions please see your DNHS Counselor.