Del Norte Counseling
DNHS CEEB School code: 054351
CA State Seal of Biliteracy
Application deadline is on April 1st of your senior year. The completed application, including signatures and all required documents, must be emailed to the Del Norte High School Registrar, Mrs. Malimali - email@example.com. As part of the application packet, please also include a signed transcript release form for coursework and GPA verfication.
PUSD has adopted the California State Seal of Biliteracy (SSB) to be awarded to our high school seniors. The SSB provides recognition to high school students who are fluent in two or more languages. In order for students to be considered candidates for the SSB, they must meet the criteria outlined below. Once the criteria have been met, the SSB insignia will be placed on the student's diploma, and noted on their final high school transcript.
- Completion of four years of English coursework with an average GPA of 2.0 or higher.
SBAC/ELA in 11th grade - Standard Met or Standard Exceeded Requirement has been waived for the Class of 2021
- Demonstrate proficiency in an additional language through ONE of the following:
- a. AP World Language exam score of 3 or higher, or
- b. SAT II Subject test for an additional language with a score of 600 or higher, or
- c. Complete a four-year high school course of study in a world language with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in that course of study AND complete the PUSD Oral Language Proficiency Verification form. (Please contact your world language teacher who can verify and sign your proficiency form). Years of language taken in middle school do not count.
- If you are currently identified as an ELL student, you must have attained an overall scale score of 1558 or higher on your most recent ELPAC test.
It is the student's responsibility to apply for the California State Seal of Biliteracy by submitting all required paperwork by thedeadline of April 1st of your senior year.
If you have further questions, please email your DNHS School Counselor.