Parking Privileges, Permits and Regulations
Parking is a privilege at Del Norte High School. Parking Permits are FREE and can be obtained from either of the Assistant Principals’ secretaries. Seniors have a designated section with paid/reserved spaces in addition to unreserved open spaces. Unreserved spaces are filled on a first come first served basis.
Students who have a permit should know it does not guarantee a parking space. It simply means if a space in the student lot is available, you have the right to park there. Spaces are filled on a first come first served basis.
Students may not park on campus prior to receiving a permit.
Obtaining a Parking Permit: All students must present:
- A valid DMV California vehicle registration in the student or parent/guardian’s name.
- Valid California driver’s license.
- Current DNHS school identification card.
- Completed parking registration forms (available on-line or in the administrative offices).
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.0; with no F marks.
- No “U’s” or “N’s” in citizenship marks.
- Student must be on track to graduate.
- Minimal tardy or truancy record.
Permits are not transferable and can only be used on the car and by the student to whom it is issued. It is the responsibility of the student to properly display the permit in the lower left corner of the front windshield at all times.
Students carrying unresolved discipline and/or attendance violations into the next school year will not be issued a permit.
Driving a different vehicle: If students drive a vehicle not registered with the office, you must sign in at the Assistant Principal’s Office when you arrive on campus. You may only sign in for five days – if you need to park a different car on campus longer than that, you must complete the regular paperwork for a second parking permit.
Parking privileges may be revoked for reasons including, but not limited to the following:
- Grades that fall below a 2.0.
- Citizenship marks of U and N; general poor conduct or poor work habits.
- Attendance issues.
- Misuse of permit.
- Reckless driving.
- Discipline issues.
- Tardies or truancies.
- Excessive tickets.
STUDENTS ARE NOT TO PARK AT ANY TIME OF THE DAY IN THE VISITOR SPACES AND MAY NOT PARK IN THE FACULTY LOT BETWEEN 7AM AND 4PM. The speed limit on campus is 5 mph.
Students receiving a parking or moving citation should know the following:
- Students have one week from the date the citation is issued to appeal it with the DNHS Assistant Principal’s Office.
- Please note: Once the week is over, citations are sent to the city and DNHS relinquishes authority to SDPD who handles all payments and appeals.
- Follow the City of San Diego’s instructions on the reverse side.
- Citations will be issued for any violation of parking rules.
- Fines are set by SDPD and vary according to the specific offense.
- Citations are issued through the City of San Diego and must be paid.