2020 Season Details
1) Dead Periods for the 2020-2021 season still apply. The dates for cross Country are June 14, 2020 through June 28, 2020. During this period all XC coaches cannot have any contact with parents or athletes. Details about the summer running program will be available at a later date.
2) As always, per CIF rules, every athlete will need a valid (will not expire before the season ends), original physical exam on file with the DNHS athletic trainer before participating in practices or tryouts. Please review the Ticket to Play information and instructions on the front page of this website.
2019 Season Details
1) Ticket to Play paperwork must completed and the original medical history/physical forms must be turned in by June 20th to ensure that your athletes will be able to participate on the first day of practice. We are now using an online system through DragonFly MAX. See "Ticket to Play" page for more info. Parents please sign up BEFORE your athletes.
2) This season our dead period will be from June 23-July 6. During this period all XC coaches cannot have any contact with parents or athletes.
3) Because of the dead period dates, the Summer Running Program will have its first week from June 17-21, take a two week break during the dead period, and then continue without interruption from July 8th - August 2nd. We will meet from 5PM - 7PM, Monday-Friday, and some select Saturday mornings. I am still working on sign-up details and some other logistics, so I will be sending out more information on that in the coming weeks.
4) The first day of MANDATORY official practices is Monday, August 5th from 5-7PM in the Del Norte Stadium.
5) Our tentative 2019 race schedule is already posted here
. Please note that race dates and times may change.
6) As of right now, our first race of the season will be the Vaquero Stampede on Saturday, August 24th.
7) Below is the suggested running calendar. For those of you unable to attend the summer running program, or who are out of town for an extended period over the summer, following the workouts on the calendar will ensure that athletes are in shape and prepared for the first day of the season. Please follow the workouts best suited to the athletes ability (JV vs Varsity). Do not do workouts in excess of what is on the calendar--this is the maximum amount of work that an athlete should be doing over the summer. Please remember to listen to your body and that days off are as important as workouts. If you need a break, please take it.
GIRLS SUMMER WORKOUT CALENDAR
BOYS SUMMER WORKOUT CALENDAR
8) Any RETURNING athlete who misses the first full week or more of official practice will not be allowed to compete in our first race of the season.
9) For the first time, our team will have strength and conditioning workouts with a certified trainer over the summer. These workouts are free to our athletes and I expect them to be there. Days and times are still being worked on and will be communicated when finalized.
10) The mandatory fall parent meeting will be held at the end of August. Exact dates are still tentative while I lock down rooms. The meetings will be held after practice and will have separate meetings for returning and new parents.
Our schedule and all results will be posted on our athletic.net
site which can be found here: